Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

positron wrote:

have you got your Sky box set to widescreen ? , those pictures look 3:2

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

None in Galway :(
    was first in the door and they didn't even look like they had a sale on ...
    Funny the guy in the Letterkenny store told me that their store in Galway had sold them yesterday by mistake - a day earlier than they were suppose to.

That may explain why you couldnt get one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Anyone managed to get the stand off yet? No room for it in my room unless I use the wall mount, which wont work with the stand on! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

any wear left in dublin wit these

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

The Sky box picture format says 16:9. Is there anything else that I should set?

I left the tv at 'auto', so it switches to the correct mode based on the channels, like the sky news is full screen were as as sky three (futurama) is 4:3. I can change the format (16:9, zoom, cinema etc in this tv) but I am not so keen on watching stuff out of the original aspect ratio (everything either too fat, or too narrow..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

can the stand no just be cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    Just looked - there are 8 screws (4 either side) on the underneath, I'd imagine they'd be a good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    I rang the Galway office again just incase and the girl on the phone said sorry they're sold out...to which I said that's weird seeing as I was the first person there this morning ...she then said they only got 6 in and the were sold in the grocery section not in the hardware shop (they are separate stores in Galway)... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    does any1 know if the newbridge store stock them?

Have the four screws at the bottom off, still not moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

bennyx_o wrote:

My heart bleeds for you Bennyx_o...Ah sure sell that god for saken Lcd because of that stand...Ill buy it from you....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

bennyx_o wrote:

I think it was 8 screws that was mentioned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    positron wrote:
    The Sky box picture format says 16:9. Is there anything else that I should set?

You need to go to "Services" then "System setup" then "Picture settings" change it to 16:9 then scroll down to bottom to save settings. Unless it's already 16:9 of course;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Its now at 16:9 as I posted before. I will set it to 16:9 now. Cheers! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Anyone manage to get any in roscommon?

Yes, I've taken the 8 screws off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

muffler wrote:

Bah! Muffler please refrain from being helpful,myself and Benny are striking up a deal.....:)

Imagine though I wonder what they are buying them for if they are selling them for €399. Let more prices tumble.

No
    muffler wrote:

It's OK lads he's gone to ask the boys on AV forums how to take the stand off those expensive ones they sell in the UK! :D

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4004517&postcount=3509

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    As far as I can tell that is a different tv - it looks different in the pictures anyway.

Do-more wrote:
    It's OK lads he's gone to ask the boys on AV forums how to take the stand off those expensive ones they sell in the UK! :D

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4004517&postcount=3509
    Whats wrong with asking elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    not a thing benny, was going to suggest it myself, they will be good for the wall mounting also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Just rang Tesco in Wilton in Cork. They're out of them today but they said they would be getting more in on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    For anyone up around Dundalk they had 2 left at about 6pm in the "Long Walk Store"
    On another note is anyone running this off Ntl's mmds service? Pictures not bad but there is very slight break up which I am sure is down to Ntl's signal. Just wanted to see if anyone else on Ntl digital thought the same. Will be hooking it up to the 360 later along with my dvd player

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    Just rang Tesco in Wilton in Cork. They're out of them today but they said they would be getting more in on Friday.
    for the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

No
    just got the last one in Roscommon tesco an hour ago. There were none on display and i asked one of the lads. he wasnt sure but he called the assistant manager who promptly told him there were 2 in the steel cabinet in stockroom.

many thanks to op and boards.ie for the heads up considering i only read this thread in a friends house 2 hrs ago.

thanks again and happy new year to all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

anyone know if there is any to be found in the navan area?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

None in Mallow store today.
    I know a guy working there and he said they didnt get any in.
    The hardware section there is very limited though to be honest.
    Must be only the bigger stores stocking them .

No
    bennyx_o wrote:
    Whats wrong with asking elsewhere?

Nothing wrong with at all, just meant that there was no need to be pointing out that there were 8 screws!;)

Judging by the reply though, you may need to have some tissues handy!:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

No
    went to roscommon tesco and no joy. Asked a gy on the floor and he said "nope" asked to speak with the hardware manager "he isnt here"

customer service is a great thing. Oh well.

....well you got the wrong guy Ronan cause ive just bought one in Ros branch at 7:30 this evening. sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

eirlink wrote:
    ....well you got the wrong guy Ronan cause ive just bought one in Ros branch at 7:30 this evening. sorry
    how annoying! I hope they do this offer again!

Advertisement