Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

No
    thanks jarvis picked one up in midleton earlier today great value

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No
    Oh jaysus! I'm going to Tesco tomorrow morning! They'd better have some left!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Tesco in the UK do a basic wall mount for around €30. Don't know if it's available here though...

Cheapest one I could find on Komplett is €79!

Dixons, PCWorld or Harvey Norman might be worth a try.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

No
    Anyone manage to get any in roscommon?

yep got one at 7:30 ish this evening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great thread

may try Tescos myself in the morning. what kind of reviews do this brand get. i have never heard of them before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Mixed belssing here lads.
    Was about to drop 800 to 900 on a 32" today (Power City or Komplett) when I came across this thread and 500 euro saving is not to be sniffed at. Rang every Tesco I could think of but they were all sold out. So now I have no new TV and cannot bring myself to do what I was willing to do eaelier in the knowledge that as soon as I do so new TV's will arrive in Tesco!! Any idea is there a head office number you can ring to see when they are coming in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Tesco Ireland Stores - Telephone 1850 744 844 or email customer.services@tesco.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh well. Might try galway as im up here atm consuming ale and not driving off to roscommon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Have it all set up now on the wall. (Still havn't got the damn stand off!) Just playing the 360 on it now, and wow. I was convinced the difference was minimal, but was I wrong. Haven't watched a lot of TV on it yet so can't really comment on it, but what I have seen has been crystal clear. All in all, great buy, especially for €400. Cheers OP for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

kerbdog wrote:
    Tesco Ireland Stores - Telephone 1850 744 844 or email customer.services@tesco.ie.

Many thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    MICKEYG wrote:
    Any idea is there a head office number you can ring to see when they are coming in again?

You could always drop Jarvis a PM and see if he's got the word!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

No
    Jarvis, picked up this class TV in Wilton this morning, one of the 4 they got in , very impressed, works well with the Xbox 360 I picked up at Tesco recently. A 32" hdtv and an Xbox360 gears of war bundle for €737, thats bloody fantastic.
    Thanks for the alert, cheers to all
    Bogman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

No
    just wondering is it available via tescos online shopping ? went to have a look but it wants me to register first..cant be bothered. might be worth a look if someone is a member.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    Just watched King Kong (another boards bargain alert) on new telly... topper. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PeteD

No
    Just picked one of these up @ about 8pm.

The girl on the phone said they had about 20 left.

When I arrived the shelves were fully stocked (6 on display).

They were closing up as I was leaving, so there will definately be stock there first thing tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    MICKEYG wrote:
    Mixed belssing here lads.
    Was about to drop 800 to 900 on a 32" today (Power City or Komplett) when I came across this thread and 500 euro saving is not to be sniffed at. Rang every Tesco I could think of but they were all sold out. So now I have no new TV and cannot bring myself to do what I was willing to do eaelier in the knowledge that as soon as I do so new TV's will arrive in Tesco!! Any idea is there a head office number you can ring to see when they are coming in again?
    Don't rely on ringing them. Call into the store and ask someone senior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Closing up?

The tesco's where Ilive is open 24 hours

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PeteD wrote:

They were closing up as I was leaving, so there will definately be stock there first thing tomorrow!!

Was that poleberry? Ardkeen said that they only got 4 and they sold out first thing this morning. Poleberry had 3 on the selves at 5.15 today. I never asked if they had more in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    any chance of a pic benny? of the mount and what she looks like on the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PeteD wrote:

which Tesco in Waterford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3624/dsc00023sb3.jpg
    Excuse the mess and the wires all over the place. I don't have a pic of the mount, cost €60 in Power City

No
    can it be enlarged mate? does the stand allow it to sit flush or does it impede it at all?

No
    ah it enlarged for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's a great deal dont get me wrong, but it shes a fairly ugly set - Especially when wall mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    Depends on your room really, it looks grand on a decent unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

anyone manage to get one around the blanch area?
    i doubt roselawn got any? or maybe they did....and anyone have any joy on Maynooth?

will they be coming back in at any stage?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    bennyx_o wrote:
    http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3624/dsc00023sb3.jpg
    Excuse the mess and the wires all over the place. I don't have a pic of the mount, cost €60 in Power City
    There's a TV in that pic? ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Spotted this great thread too late. I rushed down to the Tesco here in Letterkenny but none left.

I will call in again in the morning when they have hardware staff, and find out if they plan to stock more...

Damn, I'm annoyed I didn't see this thread sooner! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Got one in Nutgrove at 13:30 today (thanks Jarvis:) ) Had to ask the managers on the floor (one asked how I heard about the deal!) and their faces couldn't hide that they were in stock :p They ran it by their boss, and he said they could go ahead and sell them.
    Said they had four left at that time.

Felt like a criminal walking out of the shop with it at that price! (also because it had "reserved for ....A.N.Other" written on the box! -I wasn't going to draw their attention to that!)

Got it home and Back to the Future comes on (could this day get any better!?!)

Am impressed with the quality (just have bog standard ntl package) ...a mate has my xbox so can't comment on that yet. Blacks could be blacker and/or have more grades, and I'm not sure that the vertical viewing angle is massive but that's just my opinion, can't complain at all!

Design of the unit is quite nice IMO, plastic surround isn't too bulky as you often see on lower priced LCDs. Remote is fairly budget and lightweight but fine too.

Personally, I wouldn't go looking for a thompson badge :confused: -you might as well write argos on it! the technosonic badge looks fine and is obscure enough not to shout argos/lidl/aldi.

Very happy with it. Thanks again Jarvis!

-C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No
    There's a TV in that pic? ;)

Hmmm...the eye is strangely drawn upwards isn't it.:D
    Sarah Carey comes a poor second. God woman see your dentist.:p :p

I popped into Arklow today to see if they had any left,mother wants one now after seeing mine,while visiting my sister in Wicklow. None left of course. Never thought Nutgrove would have any due to ****e electrical dept and to read people got some there and I'm only five mins away. Ah well livingroom suffers bedroom gains.

Advertisement