Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

No
    Nutgrove, dundrum, merrion, greystones and bloomfields in dun laoghaire didn't have any if that's any use to anyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PeteD

No
    Mossy Monk and others that have asked:

It is Tesco Poleberry in Waterford City that have stock.
    They said 20+ but there were at least 5 on the shelf last night when they where closing at 8PM, so they should definately have stock this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Any left in Cork this morning?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

No
    Got back to Dublin today.

Anyone know if any are left around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PeteD wrote:
    Mossy Monk and others that have asked:

It is Tesco Poleberry in Waterford City that have stock.
    They said 20+ but there were at least 5 on the shelf last night when they where closing at 8PM, so they should definately have stock this morning.

if i run i should get one so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tesco Poleberry had maybe 4 or 5 on the shelf, not a clue about the store room. looking forward to setting this up. for a pc is it recommended to use the same connection as the regular pc monitor

No
    You picked one up then Mossy?

Seems like Waterford is the only Tesco in the country that have any left...

To connect PC use the VGA connector. Don't know how good this will be for normal PC usage. (not too good I'd imagine, but should be OK for games)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No
    Off I go so.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

What a bargain.
    Now if anybody finds somewhere in Dublin that has them in stock
    please let us (ME ;) ) know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    A bit of playing around yesterday and some of the feeds on ntl mmds is very good but the likes of tv3 is very noticeable(jagged edges). Would love to hear from other ntl digital users and especially sky users to see if sky is alot better.
    Would all channels be encoded to the same standards by the different production companies and its just loosing the quality when its be broadcast by ntl's system.

Cubix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Only store near me I could get through to this morning was Dundrum.
    I asked the girl did she know about the TV....cue 5 second silence and then "Eh...I wasnnn wooookin yestadaaaay...".

I asked her to put me through to someone who deals with the hardware section, she cut me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

^^^lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eth0_ wrote:
    Only store near me I could get through to this morning was Dundrum.
    I asked the girl did she know about the TV....cue 5 second silence and then "Eh...I wasnnn wooookin yestadaaaay...".

I asked her to put me through to someone who deals with the hardware section, she cut me off.

Nearly same as me... It finally answered, as the girls seemed still mid conversation about Corrie or Eastenders last night. After me saying 'Hello?' for nearly 5 seconds, she finally answered and then put me through to someone in Hardware, then cut me off.
    Lovely...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Be fair.
    She probably hasn't seen all her mates for at least 2 days. :eek:

No
    Cubix:

Hooked mine up to standard sky SD service.
    Loads of jaggies and quite pixialated around areas of movement.
    Tried messing with the picture settings but made no difference.
    Maybe normal for the low bitrate sky broadcasts, or else Tesco have had us all!!:D

What does everyone else think of standard Sky SD on this screen?

Might have a go at hooking DVD player & Xbox360 later

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Atleast 8 on the shelves in Tesco Poleberry Waterford as of 11am. I spoke to the manager, and he said that he knew about this offer since the middle of november and he was ordering them in every week since then.

PeteD wrote:
    Cubix:

Maybe normal for the low bitrate sky broadcasts, or else Tesco have had us all!!:D

So channels on Sky SD look ****e on the Sony Bravia and Samsung lcds that I have here, so I would not read too much in to that. How does the likes of Sky Sport and Sky News look on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

PeteD wrote:
    Cubix:

How do you have yours conencted? I've used the standard Scart cable that came with the Sky+ box and the picture is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Aquos76 wrote:
    Atleast 8 on the shelves in Tesco Poleberry Waterford as of 11am. I spoke to the manager, and he said that he knew about this offer since the middle of november and he was ordering them in every week since then.

Anyone be willing to pick one up and i'd give them €450 for it? I'm in Dublin but really want one of those screens.

Fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Tesco Poleberry had 5 on the shelf at 9am this morning, I picked up 2 and helped another fella load one onto a trolley. Was told they had two pallets of them in the store room... Murderer, you shouldn't have any problems...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    cubix wrote:
    but the likes of tv3 is very noticeable(jagged edges). Would love to hear from other ntl digital users and especially sky users to see if sky is alot better.
    Cubix

I have standard Sky (Scart'ed) and am very pleased with most channels, but the picture quality is noticably poorer on TV3 so I would say the problem is down to them and not NTL.

Nick Jr. is pin sharp, that's where it will be tuned 90% of the time anyway! The 3 yr old is the boss in our house! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

went to tesco galway and none, oh well. need a warpdrive on the van to get to waterford :((

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The word on the street is that clonmel (tipp) have 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

picture quality is always bad on lcds
    stick with crts - much clearer,much sharper no blurring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

green123 wrote:
    picture quality is always bad on lcds
    stick with crts - much clearer,much sharper no blurring

He speaks the truth. Normal tv broadcasts look pants on lcd screens.

I still <3 my 26" Bravia though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    Would love to stick to a crt Green but the Missus would kill me if I stuck a 32"crt in the bedroom:D . Thanks everyone for the replies regarding jaggies, might try and pick up a better scart cable today. I know its a long way off but I presume when HDTV becomes the norm and programs are being made this way lcd's should be in their element?.

Cubix

I'd offer to pick up one or two of these for people, but would not like to be stuck with them, if they changed their minds.

Do-more wrote:
    Nick Jr. is pin sharp, that's where it will be tuned 90% of the time anyway! The 3 yr old is the boss in our house! :D

So it not only my house where the 3 year old dictates what we can watch on the telly. My 6 year old is never allowed to watch want he want to watch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    I'll take one Aquos ...where are you based ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

I'll take one Aquos ...if you don't mind.

Advertisement