Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Have a mate who's headin down to Dungarvan with the bird 4 New Year so could ask him to collect it from u and all.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'm in waterford, and they would have to be collected asap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to Galway mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    PeteD wrote:
    Cubix:

Hooked mine up to standard sky SD service.
    Loads of jaggies and quite pixialated around areas of movement.
    Tried messing with the picture settings but made no difference.
    Maybe normal for the low bitrate sky broadcasts, or else Tesco have had us all!!:D

What does everyone else think of standard Sky SD on this screen?

Might have a go at hooking DVD player & Xbox360 later

My Sky is excellent on this tv - picture is crystal clear, no jaggies. Football yesterday was great to watch. I don't watch much of the low-bitrate channels (Is ITV low-bitrate? - if so, even that is a joy to watch - the picture, not the programs...)

NTL Digital is okay - however, the clarity is very noticeably better with Sky Digital.
    I am using standard scarts, nothing fancy at all.
    Very, very , VERY pleased with this telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

Aquos76 wrote:
    I'm in waterford, and they would have to be collected asap

I have PM'd you but I think they are all gone now. When I rang... 6... thats right... 6 were going through the check outs.

But.......

While in Nutgrove this morning they had just recieved an email telling them to reduce the Bush 30inch LCD and the Celo?!? with built in DVD player@26 inch.

The bush is now 379 reduced from 799. They didn't have any celo?!? in Dundrum so I have no idea what that was.... but it should now be around the 379-99 mark.

They did this because of the demand for the 32in Technosonic.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bush-LCD30TV005-30-Widescreen-LCD/dp/B000A89POE/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt/202-1155053-7462220

UPDATE. HAS VGA INPUT.

Product Features and Technical Details
    Product Features
    30 16:9 TFT LCD
    Nicam Digital Stereo
    Fastext
    Response time 16ms
    100 Programme Memory
    Resolution: 1280 x 768
    Automatic set up system
    On Screen display
    Brightness: 550Cd/m2
    Contrast: 600:1
    170 degree visibility
    SVHS input
    NTSC playback
    Stereo audio line out
    Headphone socket
    2 x 8W audio output
    AV input
    Twin scart sockets
    Sleep timer
    Child Lock
    Remote control
    Technical Details

30" 16:9 TFT LCD
    Nicam Digital Stereo
    Fastext
    Response time 16ms
    100 Programme Memory
    Resolution: 1280 x 768
    Automatic set up system
    On Screen display
    Brightness: 550Cd/m2
    Contrast: 600:1
    170 degree visibility
    SVHS input
    NTSC playback
    Stereo audio line out
    Headphone socket
    2 x 8W audio output
    AV input
    Twin scart sockets
    Sleep timer
    Child Lock
    Remote control

They are not HD. Good second/gaming TV though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

delah wrote:
    My Sky is excellent on this tv - picture is crystal clear, no jaggies. Football yesterday was great to watch. I don't watch much of the low-bitrate channels (Is ITV low-bitrate? - if so, even that is a joy to watch - the picture, not the programs...)

NTL Digital is okay - however, the clarity is very noticeably better with Sky Digital.
    I am using standard scarts, nothing fancy at all.
    Very, very , VERY pleased with this telly.
    Agreed. Picture is much clearer compared to my old 17" LCD. Couldn't be happier with it, especially at what it cost.

No
    Is that true Dark Hair ?
    I rang the Galway office and they were selling the Celo for 899 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No
    I picked one up and carried it a mile back to my house. I must have left it down about 50 times! When I got home I was told that it was too small and that we'd need a 42" on the wall instead.

As a result I'll either be selling it or using it for my room coupled with a cheap 2.1 surround system from Smyths. If I am selling it, would I have any trouble in people being willing to take it off my hands for the cost price? (at the moment it hasn't been opened)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No
    While i have not tried tv3 on sky digital... Its lovely and clear on anything i have looked at.

I watched into the blue last night... the Jessica alba movie :D Anyway movie was enjoyable but stupid... However the underwater scenes.. all the fish etc... absolutly crystal clear and perfect... and its not even a high def dvd player :D
    Much clearer than CRT.

To be honest, i always wanted a 42" but this is big enough for now.. some day when 42" is not so expensive i can use this as either a second TV or even better.... computer monitor!!!

As it stands i have my laptop hooked up with the VGA and its amazing looking so going to think about setting it up as a multimedia centre if no one buys it... or putting together a PC to do the job.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Dark Hair wrote:
    I have PM'd you but I think they are all gone now. When I rang... 6... thats right... 6 were going through the check outs.

Your spot on, I was going through with 3 of them but was stopped and told only one per customer. When I went back to get another, they were all sold out.

Incidentally, there was another guy from boards who saw this thread, (and he knew nothing about this offer,) there buying one for himself.

I know for a fact, that there are 2 more pallet loads of them in the store room, but the store manager has been told that they are to be sent to bigger stores up the country.

So for the time being, the staff in Poleberry, Waterford are told to tell customers, that these TV's are all sold out.

Sorry to those that I offered to try and get one for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That sucks. Well done to that manager for using his brain and ordering more than one pallet!

I picked one up and carried it a mile back to my house. I must have left it down about 50 times! When I got home I was told that it was too small and that we'd need a 42" on the wall instead.

As a result I'll either be selling it or using it for my room coupled with a cheap 2.1 surround system from Smyths. If I am selling it, would I have any trouble in people being willing to take it off my hands for the cost price? (at the moment it hasn't been opened)

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mdreeling

Yeah i just got one, there were none left when i was carrying it out.
    I met a guy from boards, i assume it was Aquos76. Who had 2!
    Going to open it now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

If anyone in dublin has one for sale, then please let me know. Cash waiting and ill collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i rang poleberry they say they have no pallets in the store room....therefore they can't say where they would be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Just picked up one of these in the Clonmel store - still 3 left at about 1.40pm.

Strangely, there was a sign up saying the TVs were on "special" @ €599! Scanned @€;399, though.

Great looking TV - cheers to the OP and RE*AC*TOR for the info about Clonmel :D

Is that true Dark Hair ?
    I rang the Galway office and they were selling the Celo for 899 ?

yep. Not sure which Celo though. Just its a 26inch with built in DVD. Not sure of it's price either. All I know is that I had to get a manager (In Dundrum) to go check their emails ... she came back (30mins) later and said I was right..the system/scan price would be sorted in 15 mins. I bought two of the bush @ 379 each....758 for the pair (They are at 799 each on the shelf) and I have just discovered it has VGA input :D You think they would have that on the bloody box. Although not HD... I am not worried as I don't think it is really going to become the Norm for a while... and when it does I will have 2 very big PC monitors :)

So I am more than happy. 2 x 30 LCDS.... One in the bed room... one for the sitting room. My Dell 26in is now about to become my PC monitor. (The Dell was another Bargain board special @ 550)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

No
    i hear you can't get the 10% employees discount off these tvs is that true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dark Hair wrote:
    and I have just discovered it has VGA input :D You think they would have that on the bloody box. Although not HD... I am not worried as I don't think it is really going to become the Norm for a while... and when it does I will have 2 very big PC monitors :)

The Bush definately can be used on a PC so? Think I'll invest :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    Anyone with a SKY digibox should really be moving to the sky HD digibox, no?
    I think it utilises the HDMI connection to the tv so all those HD channels get the beautiful picture. U can see them in the channel line up marked with HD after the channel name I think.
    I have mine hooked up with Chorus MMDS digi and am very happy with the quality.
    I hooked it to my PC last night through the VGA connectors with a male-to-male (titter) gold-plated analog mon cable from Maplin (Also on sale!). The res is very nice and clean, particularly when I turned it up to top res for my gfx card and f*cked a bit with the settings on the tv. It is also excellent for Photo display from digi cameras, and I was playing Golf on the Wii last night and for long periods I forgot that I was in my bedroom and thought I was out on the course. Until of course I donked the telly with a beautiful chip-in from the bunker on the 7th hole.
    Telly none the worse for my abuse.
    Good times.

• Advertisement

No
    Which store did you find the BUSH tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    Dman001 wrote:
    i hear you can't get the 10% employees discount off these tvs is that true
    Only if ya know a member of staff willing to get it for you or are one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

No
    i know someone with a 10% discount card but i heard offers like these employees cant get 10% off

No
    AFAIK it will work.....read a few pages before this (around 6 maybe) someone else did it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No

OMFG:eek: :eek: I just hope your Boards handle doesn't become a real life tag.
    I would have gone F'ing postal on someones ass if I were in your shoes.

Stick it in the bedroom.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

the 10% staff discount will work on these TVs.

and Tesco in Thurles is sold out of them too, the last one was bought by someone from Newbridge who saw it on boards. so well done whoever you are :)

No
    the 10% staff discount will work on these TVs.

and Tesco in Thurles is sold out of them too, the last one was bought by someone from Newbridge who saw it on boards. so well done whoever you are :)
    dammit i was askin bout newbridge but no1 answered also tried ringing tesco 2get their number and no1 anwered the phone. damn my luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

If anyone has an extra one for sale in Dub area, pls PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hooked it up to the PC and the Spiderman 3 trailer looked sublime

very happy with this purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Smithers wrote:
    for wall mounting does the bottom stand part that keeps it upright detach?

The stand just clips off - no need to undo screws or "cut" it off as someone suggested!!!

There are two holes on the back of the set just above the stand. Just insert a screwdriver and the stand will pop off.

Advertisement