Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

podge3 wrote:
    Just picked up one of these in the Clonmel store - still 3 left at about 1.40pm.

Strangely, there was a sign up saying the TVs were on "special" @ €599! Scanned @€;399, though.

Great looking TV - cheers to the OP and RE*AC*TOR for the info about Clonmel :D
    consider yourself welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Nipped into Dundrum but they were all gone (the Celo built in DVD thing 26"). I am getting dicked left and right with this. Is it just luck that you guys get to the store when they are putting these things out or do you have contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

podge3 wrote:
    The stand just clips off - no need to undo screws or "cut" it off as someone suggested!!!

There are two holes on the back of the set just above the stand. Just insert a screwdriver and the stand will pop off.
    I've tried that and it didn't work. I was afraid to use too much force in case i broke the tv or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Could one use the 32 inch Technosonic as a general PC monitor or would it be poor for text ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    MICKEYG wrote:
    Nipped into Dundrum but they were all gone (the Celo built in DVD thing 26"). I am getting dicked left and right with this. Is it just luck that you guys get to the store when they are putting these things out or do you have contacts?
    I think I only got one because I happened to be lucky enough to be scheduled to work at 8am yesterday. Got into work, nothing to do, surfed straight to boards, saw the 32" LCD topic in recent posts, and half ran / half flew over to tesco and picked it up blind. didnt know what it looked like or what its reception was like, just bought it off spec.
    Im in limerick also, so I dont think anyone round here was aware of this offer. There was nobody queueing outside a closed tesco that morning anyway.
    When I got there about 9am, I had to ask the manager to confirm the existence of the TV, the whole time presuming it wasnt there or the price was wrong. He got someone to pull it out of the store room for me, questioning how I had heard about it, commenting on what an amazing deal it was, I think he hadnt heard of it at all and was tempted himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

works fine for me as a monitor

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    Could one use the 32 inch Technosonic as a general PC monitor or would it be poor for text ?
    Depends I think on your PC's max res but when I hooked it up with my ****ty onboard graphics and it still looked clear as a bell, crystal. Nothing like reading websites from ten feet away.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I saw a post a few pages back that Finglas only had a few, I'm guessing they're out of them (and would the same apply to Clare Hall?)

Anyone know, seems like an offer too good to miss if it can still be found...?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

the 10% staff discount will work on these TVs.

and Tesco in Thurles is sold out of them too, the last one was bought by someone from Newbridge who saw it on boards. so well done whoever you are :)

that was me, rang all the 24hr stores at 2am this morning to no avail,thanks for the tip REACTOR, it got me thinking to check the thurles store
    great tv for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

any more specs on the 30" bush one for 379????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PeteD

No
    Good for the price allright, but I still think the picture from a sky box looks way to pixelated. Maybe just me coming from a CRT.

What does everyone else think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

PeteD wrote:
    Good for the price allright, but I still think the picture from a sky box looks way to pixelated. Maybe just me coming from a CRT.

What does everyone else think??

Its hard to beat the old CRT all the same.
    I never really liked the picture on any LCDs :(

A great deal though!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

wba88 wrote:
    dammit i was askin bout newbridge but no1 answered also tried ringing tesco 2get their number and no1 anwered the phone. damn my luck

Newbridge was sold out, early yesterday, your right about them not answering phones, it took me ten trys before someone picked up at 1am this morning

i ended up havingto drive to thurles to get mine, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

bennyx_o wrote:
    I've tried that and it didn't work. I was afraid to use too much force in case i broke the tv or something.

Turn the TV on its side to take the weight off the stand. Apply a small bit of leverage when pressing the tabs on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

haven't connected a Sky box to mine but others have and say the picture is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Saw 3 of the Cello 32" TV's in Mullingar yesterday so just went back to try get one for a mate. It seems that as soon as the word was sent about the price drop all 9 in stock were snapped up by staff members! They were all standing around for 15mins hanging onto them for dear life while the new price was updated on the system. None of the Bush 30" with DVD in stock in Mullingar, all gone since before Christmas.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They should really ban staff from buying this sort of thing, or have a raffle system.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Do-more wrote:
    Saw 3 of the Cello 32" TV's in Mullingar yesterday so just went back to try get one for a mate. It seems that as soon as the word was sent about the price drop all 9 in stock were snapped up by staff members! They were all standing around for 15mins hanging onto them for dear life while the new price was updated on the system. None of the Bush 30" with DVD in stock in Mullingar, all gone since before Christmas.

what price were the cellos gooing for??

No
    Jacob55 wrote:
    what price were the cellos gooing for??

They were €899 yesterday, not sure 100% sure what they were reduced to but I think it was €399!

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote:
    They were €899 yesterday, not sure 100% sure what they were reduced to but I think it was €399!

In Dundrum there were DMGTECH (I think) LCDs with DCVD (30" I believe) for €899. If I hear that was a typo and they were really 399 I am going to go
    mental.

• Advertisement

No
    Your OK MickeyG those ones arn't reduced (that I know of) they have loads of them in Mullingar also....

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote:
    Your OK MickeyG those ones arn't reduced (that I know of) they have loads of them in Mullingar also....

Thanks Mate. I may have to become a stalker in Tesco to get one of these deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    Don't bother hanging around Dundrum, you'd have a much better chance in Nutgrove and it's only 5min away.

Simona1986 wrote:
    Don't bother hanging around Dundrum, you'd have a much better chance in Nutgrove and it's only 5min away.
    Called into Bray but they do not seem to get any of these items (or so they say!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    + there is another tesco another 5 min further again - Rathfarnham shopping centre. Hasn't been metnioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I guess you would need a Tesco with a good hardware section?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Nutgrove has as big a hardware section as Jervis, really. Clarehall is probably the biggest?

I wouldn't chance Dundrum either. The sheer volume of customers that go through that shop...the TV's would be snapped up as soon as they're put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    Does anyone know if tescos prices are centralized ? So even if it's not maked down instore it will at checkout ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

Nutgrove dont have any in stock unfortunatley , the guy said they have never stocked the 30" Bush :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I wouldn't chance Dundrum either

You'd never get parking there on a normal day left alone a "SALES" day!

Advertisement