Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Santy leave any good buidling/modding goodies?

Options
  • 26-12-2006 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what building/upgrading goodies Santy left under the tree for all you happy people?

Personally he left me shag all...but then I had spent a good few hundred on my new rig in December so I guess I was my own Santy this year :D

Now I will have to see what the "New Year Fairies" bring me ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well as well as getting my main c2d gaming machine, 'santa' also gave me an older P4 2.4Ghz and 15" LCD to 'mess around with' - pretty damn decent not to mention totally unexpected :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Now that's a damn good stocking filler :eek:

I wonder are PC World open tomorrow...I plan on picking up one of their 49.99 6200s and a cheap stick of 512mb pc-2700 ram to make the old p4 into a budget gaming machine....

It's one of the cheap HP business model P4s so it only has 256mb Ram and a basic cd-rom drive but surprisingly enough it actually has a 4x agp slot so as far as I'm concerned the worlds my oyster :D

edit: I spent more time sticking parts in and out of it today and generally messing about with it then I did using my new E6400 machine....I should be ashamed of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

They are open at 12noon tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

HavoK wrote:
    edit: I spent more time sticking parts in and out of it today and generally messing about with it then I did using my new E6400 machine....I should be ashamed of myself.

lol, this seems to be my life now, my machine is never at a point where i'm confident to game on it. I'm always tweaking, changing, selling something from it. It's gotten to the point now where I enjoy building the computer more than I like using it. I'm going to have to severly curb this hobbie in the new year though, going snowboarding in Sweden in April then off on a roadtrip across Canada in the summer.

Don't know about Santy, but the missus bought me the XFI Fatal1ty in my sig. Utterly unexpected, and greatly appreciated. A decent soundcard was always the one thing missing from my rig, I could never bring myself to buy one as there was always something else (i.e. more RAM, better CPU, newer GFX card) that took priority. Funny thing is it will probably be the one thing in my rig I won't change for the longest time.

I'll be getting 4xSflex 12cm fans next week, to replace the noisy antec TriCool ones in my P180 rig. That will be my xmas present ;) a quiet rig for christmas

• Advertisement

I'm using the onboard on my neo-f, and before that I used the onboard in my last machine as well....a dedicated sound card also is something I must get but to me, it was always one of those...meh, couldn't be bothered things....

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I got nothign new for xmas hardware wise.

I spent all my money before xmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I finally got the Xfi and a headset from a LAN we won last september, just in time for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Im waiting for thermaltake armor,shoud be delivered tomorrow.....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-046-TT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dont hold your breath. Im still waiting on stuff from there which i ordered in 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ricka05 wrote:
    Im waiting for thermaltake armor,shoud be delivered tomorrow.....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-046-TT

bah*ya should of got a Akasa Mirage 62 Aluminium so cool *:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

awhir wrote:
    bah*ya should of got a Akasa Mirage 62 Aluminium so cool *:rolleyes:

You ever think of therapy for your Akasa Miragitis problem? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nope

Advertisement