Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lines through screen during DVD playback

• 26-12-2006 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Anyone got this before on the 360? I see these horizontal lines when playing DVDs. Kinda hard to describe it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I get this too on a lot of DVDs, tried changing from 50 to 60Hz, tried changing from Composite to Component, neither makes a difference.
    Stick the DVD in a normal DVD player and it works fine.
    Games are fine on the 360.

Haven't been able to find anything on the net about it :(

quarryman, is your problem moving horizontal dark lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

You two playing on Panasonic AE*** series Projectors?? If not you are the first people I have seen that are having this problem on other screens.

Still no sign of a fix for Panny PJ owners except using a 360 VGA cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mcgovern wrote:
    I get this too on a lot of DVDs, tried changing from 50 to 60Hz, tried changing from Composite to Component, neither makes a difference.
    Stick the DVD in a normal DVD player and it works fine.
    Games are fine on the 360.

Haven't been able to find anything on the net about it :(

quarryman, is your problem moving horizontal dark lines?

yep, horizontal dark lines, you're getting it too so.
    You two playing on Panasonic AE*** series Projectors?? If not you are the first people I have seen that are having this problem on other screens.

nope. Dell LCD here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Dell LCD here also :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Unlucky, sounds strange.

Didn't MS release a patch to "adjust" some issues it had with tv's not outputting dvd's properly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement