Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Cooking Lessons?

• 26-12-2006 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Anybody know of any in the Dublin area - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Murt10

They used to do them here - Coolmine Community Schoo, Clonsilla, D. 15

http://ireland.iol.ie/~coolmine/adulted/index.htm. You might want to ring them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They have a very popular one in CDVEC Marino College in Fairview.
    http://www.marinocollege.ie/evening_courses/evening_tuesday.htm

Looks like it's not on again til next September, but worth getting your name down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

hartstown community school, have an asisn cooking class which incorperates Indian cooking and thai mostly. night classes start again soon after xmas. the teacher is very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

spurious wrote:
    They have a very popular one in CDVEC Marino College in Fairview.
    http://www.marinocollege.ie/evening_courses/evening_tuesday.htm

Looks like it's not on again til next September, but worth getting your name down.

I'm almost certain that the marino classes start end of Jan/start of Feb again.. They usually run anyway.. probably haven't updated website yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Thanks - I remember seeing an Indian lady on TV a couple of years ago who gave lessons in Dublin - but as I was not that interested at the time, I took no details unfortunately ... I will keep searching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

I saw an add for a 1 day intensive course in Mila's curry house in NewtownMountKennedy. I don't rate this take out much, but the place they used to have in Delgany was great, and I think it's the chefs that used to work there giving the course.

Not too far from Dublin...I'm sure if you call them they can give you the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Go into Govindahs on Abbey Street and ask them for a contact number for a lady called Katayani, she gives courses there using their upstairs kitchen.
    It's Hare Krishna style but it's very very easy to adapt to non-vegetarian and non-ayurvedic cookery, just by adding onions, garlic and meat.
    I make a mean indian curry since attending her classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Great - thanks for those two leads - I will check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gazebo

Anybody know where can get Indian cooking lessons in or around Galway? Or even anywhere in the West?

Advertisement