Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caught Masturbating at work

• 26-12-2006 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok....so I did a shift of night security Xmas eve.And the only person besides myself in the building was a cleaner (sexy little Chinese girl). After a while, through a combination of her turning me on and boredom, I nipped off to one of the offices. Locked the door and proceeded to masturbate....Just as Im "finishing" she walks in...(keys to all the rooms evidently)....she just walked out and was finished work soon after so I didnt speak to her...Now tomorrow I do the same shift...should I apologise or say something? Or just ignore it happened...I also need to make sure she didnt tell anyone else at work...
    Any advice/comments appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gender separated toilets have a reason. :D :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if this thread will last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Embarrased wrote:
    Ok....so I did a shift of night security Xmas eve.And the only person besides myself in the building was a cleaner (sexy little Chinese girl). After a while, through a combination of her turning me on and boredom, I nipped off to one of the offices. Locked the door and proceeded to masturbate....Just as Im "finishing" she walks in...(keys to all the rooms evidently)....she just walked out and was finished work soon after so I didnt speak to her...Now tomorrow I do the same shift...should I apologise or say something? Or just ignore it happened...I also need to make sure she didnt tell anyone else at work...
    Any advice/comments appreciated...

ask her for a hand;)

If she says no..... quit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

She's gonna tell whomever she's gonna tell so there's no point asking her not to. Just tell her its an Xmas tradition in this country.

Still tho, try cut down on the amount of **** you do at work in future. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

that story is the stuff of legend.:D

why don't you ask her out?:) :):)

seriously she was probably mortified and may tell one or two mates but I doubt she'll tell people at work.

also why use the office? surely the jacks would have been a better bet?

I would love to shake your hand... once you'd washed it of course...

Don't think there's much you can do, I'm sure she waas very embarrassed too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thats the best christmas story I have heard so far.
    Just ride the storm out man, there isnt much you can do about it now.
    Brilliant.
    I have never come so close to actually rolling on the floor laughing from a post before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I wouldn't worry about it to much. If you only have a little willy she may not have noticed. On the other hand the OP may be female in which case she may have thought you were reading a book and just moistening a finger to turn the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What woman wouldn't find that sexy. Me love you long time! In years to come ;) you'll be telling your kids the story how you met.

You've shown her yours, now she has to show your hers. Tell her it's the law!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, can we be vaguely constructive with this?

Victor wrote:
    Eh, can we be vaguely constructive with this?
    i stand by my suggestion... seriously!;) It could work out very well... On your next shift tell her you're going into the same office to '''investigate a disturbance''' all the while giving her a suggestive wink. If she follows then you're in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Ok im sorry i had to laugh,that really did brighten up my christmas:D

I wouldnt really say anything just go on about your day and next time use the toilets.
    Just make sure she doesnt get invited to the next christmas party:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Shes only a cleaner so chances are she'll only tell a few friends of hers outside the workplace. Pretend nothing happened, if she does mention it to other workers in the place then deny everything and threaten to report her to the management for harassment in the workplace (spreading humiliating rumours constitutes harassment under law).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

ignore it ever happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hmmmm

rb_ie wrote:
    if she does mention it to other workers in the place then deny everything and threaten to report her to the management for harassment in the workplace (spreading humiliating rumours constitutes harassment under law).
    Yeah sure, threaten her with trouble...that sounds like a plan :rolleyes:

Just let it pass. Id say she was just as embarrassed as you were. There's no point even asking her if she told anyone as then you are making a big deal.

Did she pause before walking out? or was it just open the door walk in and walk back out again instantly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mick.zhao

rb_ie wrote:
    Shes only a cleaner so chances are she'll only tell a few friends of hers outside the workplace. Pretend nothing happened, if she does mention it to other workers in the place then deny everything and threaten to report her to the management for harassment in the workplace (spreading humiliating rumours constitutes harassment under law).

Is that the best way u can figure out? Such a shameless nazi bastard!

Just let it go, she wont tell anyone in ur company. She might just tell this to her close chinese friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

What the hell were you masturbating at work for anyway?? You're paid to work not lock yourself in an office and play with yourself! Take this incident as a wake up call and cop yourself on. If she tells your superiors at wor I think you should deal with the consequences and accept them. Think about it - she's a girl working alone with you at night and this happens. She could have been absolutely terrified and afraid you might attack her. You're just asking for a sexual harrasment case or worse. Never do anything like that at work again. Control yourself til you get home or at least have the decency to go into a locked toilet cubicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Mick.zhao wrote:
    Is that the best way u can figure out? Such a shameless nazi bastard!

Just let it go, she wont tell anyone in ur company. She might just tell this to her close chinese friends.
    Yes, yes it is. It would also work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I woudn't say anything to her, it will only make matters worse. As Dame mentioned in a previous post she no doubt thinks you are a complete and utter freak and probabaly thinks you are some kind of pervy wanker (ahem) so she probably doesn't really fancy sitting down and having a heart-to-heart so I'd leave it. Find a cubicle next time. And I'm sorry but LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

dame wrote:
    What the hell were you masturbating at work for anyway?? You're paid to work not lock yourself in an office and play with yourself! Take this incident as a wake up call and cop yourself on. If she tells your superiors at wor I think you should deal with the consequences and accept them. Think about it - she's a girl working alone with you at night and this happens. She could have been absolutely terrified and afraid you might attack her. You're just asking for a sexual harrasment case or worse. Never do anything like that at work again. Control yourself til you get home or at least have the decency to go into a locked toilet cubicle.
    WTF??

Logic?

1. Girl opens a LOCKED room, sees man having **** and walks away.
    2. ???
    3. Sexual Harassment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

did she see yer todger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm curious, did you aim into a bin or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

this is queit funny, but the OP is rightly very scared about this, really this could cause him alot of unwanted trouble and in fairness we have all ****ed up at one time or another.

This is my advice to the OP, if i was in your situation i would find a close friend or colleague preferrably someone that you both know but not neccessarily, tell the mediator the issue and what happened and explain to him that you want him to apologise to her for what happened and that you would like to let her know that theres no danger for her worknig there and that if possible u wud like to sit down for a coffee with her and apologise and that you are terrified of losing your job

and you are terrified that you upset her so much she may quit or that it may upet her work routine.

i know this is a hard thing to do but saves the poor girl quitting over embarresment, or worse getting you fired for sexual harrasment. Also ifu cant find a friend maybe an anonymous confidential 3rd party like one or mayb one of her friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes gross misbehviour and unprofessional conduct of that nature is enought o get you fired with predjuice and for the person who saw/found you to sue for sexual harasshment in the work place.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/equality-in-work/employment-equality/sexual_harassment_at_work/?searchterm=sexual%20harassment

You messed up big timenad trying to lean on her for information may make matters worse.
    I would suggest you try and say you are sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I'm curious, did you aim into a bin or what?
    ROFL :D

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

a)Youre job doesnt seem too important ?
    b)i think it would be harder for her to explain your antics than you to perform them
    c)Can you disguise the situation ?
    d)CLEAN up

:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Id say you'll be fine just go on as if nothing happened

but then again a sly wink and tilt of head towards the jacks might make nights alot more interesting. Hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

god don't be embarrised about it, but next time please go to the jacks! :eek:

most of the lads i work with regularily go for a ****, espciially after looking at some pron on a night shift, some guys even goes twice a day

IMO its much better then them farting in the offices :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Embarrased wrote:
    so I did a shift of night security Xmas eve.
    God save us if this is what our security staff are like :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Thaedydal wrote:
    Yes gross misbehviour and unprofessional conduct of that nature is enought o get you fired with predjuice and for the person who saw/found you to sue for sexual harasshment in the work place.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/equality-in-work/employment-equality/sexual_harassment_at_work/?searchterm=sexual%20harassment

You messed up big timenad trying to lean on her for information may make matters worse.
    I would suggest you try and say you are sorry.

Sorry to double post but if I may quote from that link.
    The Act defines sexual harassment as any form of unwanted verbal, non-verbal or physical contact of a sexual nature.
    He didn't say anything to her, he didn't contact her in anyway, there was no physical contact to anyone else but his own balls. So technically it isn't sexual harrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

OP, if you would feel better apologizing to her, then do so.
    Personally the fact that you locked the door means you did not intend on someone seeing you do it. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to see either.
    Tbh, she has probably already forgot about it.

Maybe she thinks she is in the wrong because she opened a locked door to discover you.

You don't have to touch someone to sexually harasah them, or even speak to them gestures and creating a sexually charged athmosphere can be enough.
    He could also get done for indecent exposure.

Jakkass wrote:
    there was no physical contact to anyone else but his own balls

How do you masterbate??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Jakkass wrote:
    Sorry to double post but if I may quote from that link.

He didn't say anything to her, he didn't contact her in anyway, there was no physical contact to anyone else but his own balls. So technically it isn't sexual harrassment.

It's NON-Verbal, and is in the same line you've quoted, I'm sure the girl didn't want to see this person have a go at themselves. It is therefore unwanted non-verbal harassment. Or at the very least indecent exposure.

That said try not to worry too much, you'll either hear something immediately or never hear about it again.

Cheers
    Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

LundiMardi wrote:
    "nothing is better than my left hand lubed up and ready to get to work :)" thats a quote btw LOL. Nothing to worry about forget it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

LundiMardi wrote:
    My parents were staring at me as I burst out laughing at that.

OP: Just watch her expression when you next meet, and see how she acts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement