Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rocket's on the way to Drogheda!

Options
  • 26-12-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Well it looks like Eddie Rocket's are on the way to Drogheda. Should be up and running within the next 4 months and will be residing in the the new South Quay development. I assume thats the one accross the road from Scotch Hall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Yep, can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Cool! I like Eddie Rocket's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

No harm anyway. All we need now is a Hard Rock Café! London Paris Drogheda!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

man...the Drogheda skyline sure is changing!..for the better ..remember those dirty ould silos at the end of Mary St?

man...the Drogheda skyline sure is changing!..for the better ..remember those dirty ould silos at the end of Mary St?
    Actually, as a child, I was fascinated by those big silos. I thought they were cool, and I used to love driving past them. Then again, I am from a farming background.

• Advertisement

Must pull out a few old photo's taken from Highfield looking towards the Viaduct from 10 years ago. Over half of the view of the Viaduct has now disappeared.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I often wonder about what type of shop or franchise that isn't in Drogheda and hope that it makes an appearance soon. This is good news as I was only thinking a while back that they would do good business here.

Is there anything this great town doesn't have to offer :D

Well this is the first year that we have not had to travel to Dublin shopping for some of the Christmas presents. My life is now complete. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

will it be as much as a robbery as it is in dublin?

oh and where is this place, the south quay development?

South Quay development is on the South Quay. :p The new buildings nearly finished across the road from Scotch Hall between the Marsh Road and Dublin Road.

May as well put this here as well rather than creating a new thread. Looks like we're also getting a Virgin Mega store, United Colours of Benetton, O'Briens and a few other shops that I've since forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Add Tommy Hilfiger to that list.

/EDIT Funnily enough i've just been checking out a picture on Wikipedia before all these shops came about and as a newcomer its interesting to see the before and after shot.

Drogheda 2001

Dingatron wrote:
    May as well put this here as well rather than creating a new thread. Looks like we're also getting a Virgin Mega store, United Colours of Benetton, O'Briens and a few other shops that I've since forgotten.
    They're going to be in the Laurence Street Centre, according to the Drogheda Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Banditboy_irl

About bloody time .....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hurrah!

Yet another reason to avoid Drogheda like the plague :)

Yawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

delly wrote:
    Add Tommy Hilfiger to that list.

/EDIT Funnily enough i've just been checking out a picture on Wikipedia before all these shops came about and as a newcomer its interesting to see the before and after shot.

Drogheda 2001

Amazing to see what has happened in the last 5 years! Would be interested in seeing more pics from earlier back if anyone has them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Hmmm Eddie Rockets in Drogheda...enjoy paying 7 quid for a burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I wont be going near - the most over priced restaurent there is!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Puddles

My partner used to work inside those dirty ould silos, shovelling grain out of them. Imagine that?::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

phenomenon wrote:
    Hmmm Eddie Rockets in Drogheda...enjoy paying 7 quid for a burger

Nothing like a €7 burger to soak up some of that alcohol :D

I look forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Well with Eddies well and truly arrived in Drogeda, wat do people think?

Has anyone been? I was there when it opened and thought it was very nice, big place,bigger than the ones in dublin.

Been a couple of times now and its been grand, which is good considering they are still in there bedding in period.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

CTU_Agent wrote:
    Well with Eddies well and truly arrived in Drogeda, wat do people think?

Has anyone been? I was there when it opened and thought it was very nice, big place,bigger than the ones in dublin.

where exactly is it?

Just over the road from NEXT's shop front

yea...its rite next door to the scotch hall shopping centre entrance. marsh road is believe it is

CTU_Agent wrote:
    yea...its rite next door to the scotch hall shopping centre entrance. marsh road is believe it is

bit of an akward place for it if your not goin to it from the shoppong centre is it?

is it big? does there be much q's for it? moght give it a go this evening

no queues. place is huge nice staff and nice food. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Wow, it's a lot cheaper than Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

went past it the other day and the queues were massive.
    Wow, it's a lot cheaper than Dublin.

are you serious:confused:

• Advertisement

was in it on friday evening, was no q at all, prices seem to be the same as in dublin

Advertisement