Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put a value on this stuff for me please

Options
  • 26-12-2006 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Xbox and PS2 that are rarely used for anything at all besides watching DVD's nowadays. I'd like to offload them and get a shiny new Wii or 360.
    How much do you reckon the stuff below is worth as a trade in to the likes of Gamestop, and secondly sold privately? You'll notice that the games are all pretty old, since I rarely use 'em any more.

Xbox (black)
    DVD remote
    1 controller-s
    Halo
    Shellshock Nam '67
    Burnout Revenge
    Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition

Playstation 2 (not slimline, 2002 vintage :))
    2 original Sony controllers
    1 8MB memory card
    Gran Turismo 4
    Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
    Burnout 3 - Takedown
    Final Fantasy X
    Dead or Alive 2
    Fantavision (must be worth at least 5 cents for trade in...)
    DVD Region X

All hardware is in excellent condition, nothing's broken.

Ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I think if you trade in a PS2 and 4 games in gamestop you get a 360 for around 300 euro. Premium that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think they have to be 4 fairly recent games over a certain value though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

As far as i know you'll get a better price selling them privately than trade in with a game shop. I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

On an side note, i'd get the Xbox360 over the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

4Xcut wrote:
    As far as i know you'll get a better price selling them privately than trade in with a game shop. I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

You're spot on. I wouldn't expect to get much more that €2 per Xbox game with the likes of gamestop, and I would imagine similar with PS2 (except obviously the very recent games). Once the New gen" is here they games form the last one will drastically drop in price for trading in.

What asking price do you reckon I should set on each bundle for selling privately?

Think I have Soul Calibur 2 for the PS2 knocking about also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I doubt youd get more than 60-70 euro per console and 5-10 euro per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I doubt youd get more than 60-70 euro per console and 5-10 euro per game.

Yeah that's probably fairly reasonable, and expect to have to knock a few euro off when sellng a few of them together. Otherwise wou probably wont offload them all. It's still beter than what you'll get in the shops though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

dont expect much for the xbox. According to this thread, you can get a new one with 4 games for 74euro :(

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055034340

thatd put a second hand console at about 30euro.+ effort.

Heh, gamestop valued the Xbox by itself at 40 euros. I got an Xbox 360 premium, VGA cable (€30), PGR3 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for €342 after trading all of that stuff. They also threw in €100 worth of useless vouchers that come with loads of conditions on them.
    Gears of War was out of stock :(

I'm now addicted to playing PGR3 on Live :eek:

Advertisement