Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grafton Street or Henry Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Grafton street.

Far too many northside peasants frequent Hnery street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Henry Street
    Both. Usually Grafton Street because I work near there and head over at lunchtimes. On the weekend it'll be Henry Street because I'll head up over the river to the UGC. Then again I'll pop down to Dundrum to check out H&M (don't like the one on Henry Street) or Faith Shoes or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Games/DVDs/CD's, Grafton st. hands down, as mentioned, HMV, Tower Records, Golden Discs (if you're really desperate) Game (yes there's one on Henry st. as well, but in terms of density, Grafton St. is better.)

Clothes - Henry St.

Footwear, walk from Jervis St. towards Stephen's green and I'll find what I want along the way.

Books, Dawson St. for small Easons, Hoggis&Figgis, Waterstones. more stuff in all than main easons.

I'm southsider (now anyway) and close enough to 46A that its easy access to both streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Henry Street
    Grafton Street because it's just off the Luas. Though if I want to go to H&M I'll end up doing nearly all of my shopping on Henry Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Henry Street
    Grafton for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Poll is getting closer,looks like the Grafton Street shoppers are back from The Alps.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Henry Street
    Back from Co. Cork actually but close enough :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Henry Street
    Grafton Street.

I don't really shop on either but I've no interest in buying fiyahworks or anything thats tree for a yoo-ro, so that reduces the need to make the trek over to Henry Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Henry Street
    Grafton St.
    Fewer skangers.
    More places nearby to stop and relax for a while.
    Overall more pleasant surroundings.
    Henry Street and its immediate surroundings feel so culturally sterile... like it dropped out of some generic urban renewal catalogue... that's the sense I get from it anyway, dunno about the rest of yee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Henry Street
    Henry Street does have a better choice in shops (and less obscenely expensive ones!) but I hate Henry Street, never have liked it and the scangers that infest it makes it even worse (I'm a Northsider so I'm not biased!) I always feel alot less safe on Henry Street particularly at night where it just feels really surreal. I like Grafton Street even for a nice leisurly stroll and it has a way better atmosphere but can get way too crowded at times particularly with tourists. Grafton Street on a nice summers day or evening always wins!

• Advertisement
Advertisement