Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverstone Zeus 850w PSU

Options
  • 26-12-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anyplace which stock these ?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

2nd one down on THIS page. Unsure about delivery to Ireland though...UK based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Frozen CPU have them as well, they are a well known US site and say they deliver overseas but I have not used them myself.

It might be a lot easier to get a Tagan or Seasonic closer to home they are just as good if not better. If you want to go nuts with power Tagan have a 900W PSU that you can fit there is even a 1100W model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Well I would not touch Tagan as they use crappy Topower models lately. Lots of ripple. And the 1100w can barely do 850w from reviews and is generally considered a bad design and noisy. I can dig these reviews up if you want. I already have the Seasonic. Just need something beefier. The Silverstone Zeus is generally regarded as the best Tier1 psu out there along with some Zippy, Enermax, and PC P&C models. Have used Frozen CPU before and found them to be excellent. 2 weeks for delivery though. Will give afterhours.co.uk and xcase.co.uk at try. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hmm is the reason ya want it for is the 4 gfx power conector thingys :D

Nope. My Seasonic already has 4 pci-e connectors. I just want something that has more juice and the Silverstone is reckoned to be the no.1 psu in it's class discounting oversized models (Enermax Galaxy, PC P&C 1kw). Hence it's up on adverts.

I am getting my Alienware in a week or two and am basically removing everything out of it that is tasty and giving what's left to Dad :)

So this means I will be running :

x6800
    1 x 8800GTX
    A 2nd 8800GTX when I buy a 680i mobo
    X-Fi
    2 x 750gig SATA2 7200.10's
    1 or 2 150gig raptors (don't know yet)
    1 x DVDRW
    2gig ram
    4 x 120mm fans
    TV Tuner card (probably have to sell PCI one and buy USB version when I go sli)

The truth is the Seasonic would probably cut the mustard as it is really using a single 12v rail that can handle 56amps and Nvidia are speccing 60amps which is known to be overboard. However I would much rather a PSU that ran at 60% capacity then 90% capacity. Less heat, less noise. Having said all that, I could end up regretting it as the Silverstone while quiet for it's class (essentially a server or close to server class psu) is supposed to be a good bit louder then the seasonic, and it isn't 100% sleeved or modular for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Anything in the 700W range from Seasonic really should do powering that lot.

The 8800GTX SLI setup worse case scenario under load it uses about 450-500W give or take (if this is anything to go by 8800GTS under load uses about 400W).

Sweet system by the way super jealous :D

Thanks. But nearly broke again :(

I suppose if I ease of on the amount of hard drives and don't put a quad in, I should be ok.

Then again, a Lian Li A10B would run 2 Seasonics nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

wow..jesus that is one nice setup ya got planned..:D

wish i was you :)

Advertisement