Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Sales

• 26-12-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find any info on sales in Waterford and don't have any papers to hand, so I thought I'd start a thread and share what I do know about the sales in an effort to find out about more sales.

Debenhams - Sale starts at 8am with up to 70% off. They were well on their way to labelling all the items on Christmas Eve and you can expect to see at least 30% off the majority of stock NB: River Island do not accept Debenhams Gift Cards and are not subject to the up to 70% sale.

Kelly & Dollard - Sale starts at 11am and they have some fantastic but limited offers. From looking at their billboard today, the best offer I could find was 50% off a 32" HDTV. I expect it to be bedlam come tomorrow.

PC World - Their sale started today and they had some exceptional offers (€500 off of a €899 PC). Many of their offers were "one day" and they will increase slightly in price tomorrow. For example, the 320GB External Maxtor HDD will increase by €12 to €109.99.

Foot Locker - Another up to 70% off sale. From what I could gather by peering in the window, all the left wall will be dedicated to sale items.

Heroes and Fitzgeralds - Their sales start on the 28th. Reductions across the board on limited stock in Fitzgeralds.

Guineys - 20% off of everything starting Wednesday.

Shaws - Up to 50% off selected items

Alex J Menswear - Have been having a closing down sale for the past week which looks set to continue. Many items are half price, but are still very expensive.

Next - Apparently their sales start at 5am. Expect crazy reductions and an equal amount of crazy people getting up at that hour!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Good info there. :)

Got one of those Maxtor 320 Gbs yesterday, although I hadn't read this at the time. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Darn. I forgot sales were starting in PC World. Might head in tmrow or later today and see whats on offer. Tho, I think its time I took priority and started studying for exams next week. :\

Anyway, Cheers Adam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

the lack went into "next" last year at 5am and she said there was queues in the door at 5 am!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

GameStop - They have a 3 for 2 on all used DVD's and games as well as slashing the prices of some brand-new games across a variety of formats.

The Book Centre - They never have been one for the sales, but this year they don't even have a reduced table.

Zhivago - Don't seem to have a sale at all. A few reduced stickers here and there but more worringly their DVD stock has shrunk dramatically. Very few items are part of their 3 for €30 offer either!

Tall Tales - 3 for 2 on all books (get cheapest free). A massive selection that will satisfy bookworms of all sorts!

Pennys' - In a press statement during the week, a spokesperson said that there wouldn't be any sale as "everyday is a sale in Pennys'". That didn't stop them from plastering their window space with "Reductions" posters.

Icon - Up to 30% off selected lines.

Argos - Apparently they have an end of catalogue clearout. You could be in for a pleasant surprise if you're looking for MP3 players or other electrical goods.

There wasn't many people in the shops at ~10am this morning, I was expecting much more as were some shop assistants who I overheard talking about it. Perhaps the miserable weather and hangovers got to some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Next had thier sale at 5 am this morning! Everything cleared out by 8.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What's the big deal behind Next? I never would have considered them to have anything special. Certainly nothing special enough to warrant me waking up at that ungodly hour!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mike65 wrote:
    Next had thier sale at 5 am this morning! Everything cleared out by 8.

Mike.

And then they normally restock with loads more sale items,every few hours after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The bad thing about sales is that you still actually have to have some money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I think the deal with Next is that they don't take all their "good" stuff off the shelves and replace it with stuff that wouldn't normally sell like most other clothes shops in town do.

Advertisement