Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching Harry Potter 3 now

Options
  • 26-12-2006 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

.... I'd forgotten how shíte it is. Certainly the worst of the 4 movies made so far. The ending is pathetic too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

no way is it the worst...it's better than the first two anyway

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm watching it too. I'm not a big fan of any of the movies. This one seems alright, but I wouldn't call it good.

Okay, that's the worst werewolf I've ever seen. The producers should be ashamed. It looked like fúcking Gollum, not a wolf!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Describe a werewolf then? Iv no idea what they look like either. Its definately not the worst of the 4 out so far, I like it quite a bit anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

luvd it.wen i first got hots for Hermionie[spelling]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Mushy wrote:
    Describe a werewolf then? Iv no idea what they look like either.

Faith sees werewolves every day when she rides her unicorn to the North Pole to work for Santa Claus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Pigman II wrote:
    .... I'd forgotten how shíte it is. Certainly the worst of the 4 movies made so far. The ending is pathetic too.

most people think it's the worst one made.
    i think it's just a bit choppy ... but not bad. never bad.

xoxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I thought it was better than the first two at any rate. Fourth has definately been the most impressive.

Saying that though, they're all pretty mediocre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm not a big fan of any of the movies, but this one was definitely better than the first two. Thewlis and Oldman were great in their respective roles.
    Mushy wrote:
    Describe a werewolf then? Iv no idea what they look like either. Its definately not the worst of the 4 out so far, I like it quite a bit anyway

If I remember right, Rowling described the werewolf a being almost indistinguishable from a real wolf. I have to say that they way it was portrayed in the film was a big disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 delphie rex

I still prefer to read the books. Movies do not often do justice to the plots and characters but they are good publicity though.

• Advertisement

sionnach wrote:
    Faith sees werewolves every day when she rides her unicorn to the North Pole to work for Santa Claus.

Why would I ride a unicorn to the North Pole when Santa already has ready-made flying reindeer?
    quickbeam wrote:
    If I remember right, Rowling described the werewolf a being almost indistinguishable from a real wolf. I have to say that they way it was portrayed in the film was a big disappointment.

That's what I had in mind too, and that's how werewolves are nearly always portrayed on screen.

One review I read of the movie had this to say: "Lupin's werewolf alter ego, that ends up looking rather ridiculous, as an anorexic weird short haired gangly thing that my daughter mentioned reminded her of a mole rat. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I still prefer to read the books. Movies do not often do justice to the plots and characters but they are good publicity though.
    Harry Potter is just one of those stories that is nearly impossible to transfer to the big screen well. It's not the story that keeps us intersted, it's the way she tells it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The only movie so far to capture even some of the 'magic' of the HP world for me has been the Philosopher's Stone. There's a sense of wonderment in the cinematography is fantastic and Hogwarts looks amazing. The third movie looks more like a film about the famous five tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

did anyone see TG4s Irish Dubbed version, was certainly no worse than the english version, but the ridikulus (or whatever warped way they spell it in the book) spell was gas in irish, "Sheafoideachais" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

O God I thought the dubbed version was horrendous! And they also showed "Harry Potter agus an Seomra Diomhar" (Chamber of Secrets) over Christmas too. You could recognise half the voices from Ros na Rún characters and the kids sounded like adults.

I read Philosophers Stone in Irish though - "HP agus an órchloch". Not a bad translation - much better and more accurate than the French one anyway.

Harry Potter in Irish, hmmm...might have to check that out. But Id need the English one beside me so might be pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

book or movie, cause the movies have subtitles, which was nice

Actually, yeah, the movie/movvies would be better off. I like listening to irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I like one to and three but i hated the fourth. It was my favourite book and i just thought they ruined it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I didn't and don't like the move away from robes as the successive movies have been made. I dunno if the directors (or someone) think its needed to identify with the characters, but it takes away from the overall effect IMHO.

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote:
    I didn't and don't like the move away from robes as the successive movies have been made. I dunno if the directors (or someone) think its needed to identify with the characters, but it takes away from the overall effect IMHO.

Yeah, especially as JK emphasises how bad magical folk are at dressing in muggle clothing. It's one thing for Harry and Hermione to be running around in jeans, but Ron has no need for loads of muggle clothes. Actually, none of them really have any need to bring muggle clothing to school with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah i agree, it was a terrible idea to stop dressing them in robes, it just goes against the books so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

professor lupin scared the crap out of me in that film... i'd always imagined him as a kinda liam neeson type person but then he turned out lookin like a paedophile... that moustache... *shudders*

Advertisement