Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much weight have you put on?

• 26-12-2006 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I feel about 4 stone heavier though in reality its probably only a few pounds. I couldnt be arsed to weigh myself although Im sure a few Boardsies have. Anyone? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think about 3 pounds. :(

I calculated my intake yesterday - 7,500 calories, no joke. Felt sick. Only stopped eating at 4am. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Didn't put on a pound

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i'm afraid if i think about this too much i might explode...that would not be pretty,..considering what i've eaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Haven't measured, last I checked through a combination of bad diet and a huge number of drinking sessions over the last month I'd stuck on half a stone, feels like Christmas eve & day may have pushed me over the 1 stone mark though!

Thank God I'm quite thin and can afford to put on the weight, other wise I'd be depressed!

Oh well, sure the New Year is coming so a fresh start, healthy diet and exercise etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Think i lost about 2 kilos actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Kojak wrote:
    Didn't put on a pound

Same here and hovering around the same weight for the last few years, don't eat massive Christmas dinners. My stomach just isn't able for it all. I might have even lost some. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I've put on 2lb, but i lost a stone n a half before christmas cos i was sick so i'm happy to put it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I lost two pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I put on one Lindt Santa, one bag of chocolate coins, a can of coke and many many small chocolatey things since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Actually haven't gained any weight. I am starting to think that, even though I would love to be about 2 stone lighter,I might actually just be my natural size.
    I gained weight a while back, but since then I haven't gained a single pound, I have lost a few, and then put them back on again, but I have more or less been the same weight for a year now, no matter what I eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I've put on 2lb, but i lost a stone n a half before christmas cos i was sick so i'm happy to put it on!

Same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I just weighed myself and I'm a quarter of a stone up from the last time I checked (recently)...less than I expected anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

How much weight have you put on?
    uhh...in one day???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

None.

I piss, shít and sweat it all away like any well maintained human should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

HavoK wrote:
    I calculated my intake yesterday - 7,500 calories, no joke

How did you physically do that?? :eek:

abelard wrote:
    How did you physically do that?? :eek:

I have an insatiable appetite. Just, usually I keep it in check...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

and Christmas day is the one day where calories don't exist :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

4lb but a lot of that is fluid and fibre, will take me a day or two to loose it, same thing happens every year, I always loose weight before Christmas so that I do not have to worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

CathyMoran wrote:
    4lb but a lot of that is fluid and fibre, will take me a day or two to loose it

Hmmm, I wonder how girls lose it? They must perspire it out....

No matter how much I eat, I never gain weight. This is the most I've eaten in a year and so I don't think my stomach can handle it very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I don't weigh myself but if I put on any weight recently it's due to sitting my finals and sitting in my room all day studying and eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Oh I don't want to know how much I've put on.....

>_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Marc_AJay

i havent put any weight on this christmas....becoming like starving marvin on southpark lol.....why wont they feed me LOL

ah no, just not over eating this christmas....not like the last one anyway.....like a squirl saving up reserve food for the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Absolutely no idea. I've only ever wieghed myself once, and that was just so I could take a death test on a certain popular website.
    My diet today has consisted solely of ham and turkey that wasn't eaten yesterday, oh and chocolates but still, I don't think I've eaten as much as I normally do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

I have put on 5lbs.. first time ever I weigh over 12stone! Not a good feeling!!
    hoping it's just all the beer and It'll go away in a couple of days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

due to the season that was in it I decided to make the most out of it so moved from 3 to approx 5 times a week and just started eating a lot so since the start of Dec I haveput on approx 12lbs, however around 9-10lbs of this was lean mass so it was all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Not to worry, I'm sure it will just be crapped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Over the last few weeks with projects and now christmas I have lost at least 10 pounds, closer to 15 :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I found out a week or so ago that I've lost nearly a stone since october. Could be related to college somehow, maybe cos I'm eating more snacks during the day or speeding up my metabolism somehow, I really don't know. I'm not gonna weigh myself until after new year's, but I'm not sure if I'll put on much weight since I haven't been eating any more than normal.

• Advertisement

There's actually a diet that tells you to eat every 15 minutes (now don't be getting to excited, it's a piece of food the size of a fingernail) because it speeds up your metabolism. I read it in a recentish copy of Elle. Apparently it does work well, but yuo get bored of eating so much.

Piste wrote:
    I read it in a recentish copy of Elle.

ah the good oul nutrional gospels according to glamour magazines, shame they leave out most of the important details of any diet they talk about actually works and what long term results you will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

lost 1 pound, thx to my new wii!

Piste wrote:
    There's actually a diet that tells you to eat every 15 minutes (now don't be getting to excited, it's a piece of food the size of a fingernail) because it speeds up your metabolism. I read it in a recentish copy of Elle. Apparently it does work well, but yuo get bored of eating so much.
    So that's like one, maybe two peanuts every 15 minutes?

Two? TWO peanuts? Do you want to make yourself obese?! One at most!

Peanuts are high in fat and are often salted so it'd be better to have a tiny piece of meat or vegetable or cheese.
    jsb wrote:
    ah the good oul nutrional gospels according to glamour magazines, shame they leave out most of the important details of any diet they talk about actually works and what long term results you will see

Ah but the women who read these magazines (I was bored and had nothing else to do I swear >_>) don't care about health or long term effects- they just want to be thin :)

Piste wrote:
    Two? TWO peanuts? Do you want to make yourself obese?! One at most!

Peanuts are high in fat and are often salted so it'd be better to have a tiny piece of meat or vegetable or cheese.
    They are also high in fibre...and we all know what fibre is good for.

Piste wrote:
    Ah but the women who read these magazines (I was bored and had nothing else to do I swear >_>) don't care about health or long term effects- they just want to be thin :)
    In that case, just take up smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Id say i've put on about 2-3 pounds so far. I'll probably add to that over the next few days, what with all the cake, sweets, crisps, and food still left.
    Theres a mountain of stuff to eat through yet.

And then comes the inevitable "must lose weight for the new year" resolution.

There should be a resolution thread where we post our weight on the 1st and again a month later to see if we have an ounce of willpower amongst us.

Piste wrote:
    actually nuts are a great addition to most diets, now peanuts aren't the best so things like walnuts would be better, as they are packed with good fats. Fats are actually quite an important part of a healty diet. Of course trans fats should be avoided but poly and mono fats should be in everyone diets hell even a small amount of saturated fat is needed in a healthy diet
    Generally most people need to cut down on the amount of carbs in their diet or at least which to low GI carbs

thrill wrote:
    There should be a resolution thread where we post our weight on the 1st and again a month later to see if we have an ounce of willpower amongst us.

if anyone wants to try something like this they could post in the fitness journal subform in fitness;)

In that case, just take up smoking.

No that was October's diet plan, keep up!
    jsb wrote:
    actually nuts are a great addition to most diets, now peanuts aren't the best so things like walnuts would be better, as they are packed with good fats. Fats are actually quite an important part of a healty diet. Of course trans fats should be avoided but poly and mono fats should be in everyone diets hell even a small amount of saturated fat is needed in a healthy diet
    Generally most people need to cut down on the amount of carbs in their diet or at least which to low GI carbs

Mmm yes I love nuts, especially pine nuts *nyoms* though I could never intentionally eat fats, I think we get them naturally enough through the crap we eat.

Piste wrote:
    No that was October's diet plan, keep up!

Have you considered aemeobic dysentry?
    Or a tapeworm.
    I'd reccomend the tapeworm....because not only will you lose weight, but you will always be able to eat whatever you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Still 120kgs :)

Have you considered aemeobic dysentry?
    Or a tapeworm.
    I'd reccomend the tapeworm....because not only will you lose weight, but you will always be able to eat whatever you want.

You should write an alternative diet book! ^_^

Mairt wrote:
    Still 120kgs :)

I've gained about 2 or 3kg over this festive season so I'm up to a massive 79kg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

HavoK wrote:
    I've gained about 2 or 3kg over this festive season so I'm up to a massive 79kg...

WOW you obese F*%k@r, lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

InFront wrote:
    Hmmm, I wonder how girls lose it? They must perspire it out....
    No, most of it is fibre, it will go through the system, that and getting ready for my wedding on Friday! Loosing some of it already.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

careful , you know what they say about wedding cake ;)

Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I lost 2 pounds, weird.

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Actually haven't gained any weight. I am starting to think that, even though I would love to be about 2 stone lighter,I might actually just be my natural size.
    I gained weight a while back, but since then I haven't gained a single pound, I have lost a few, and then put them back on again, but I have more or less been the same weight for a year now, no matter what I eat.

ditto
    i put on nothing :)
    i ate breakfast and dinner on xmas day the rest was drink same on stephen's day
    i focus on loosing inches in the gym now more than anyting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A stone in a week, I had three dinners on xmas day. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've lost about a quarter of a stone. Now 8 stone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement