Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

go to tv3 NOWWW DIARY OF A DUBUTANTE

Options
  • 26-12-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

its on again. yay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

My. God.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Was it spastacular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

yeh sorry may not have warranted its own thread, but i know alot of people had been waiting for it to be re run and in my girly like excitedness this was the best way i could tell the world. . .
    yeh it was really infuriating to see that sort of carry on, but at the same time it was nice to see the stories of the other two girls, and where they had come from. good documentary, but that mica...what a tit

it also occurs to me i spelt the word debutante wrong, and possibly again just there. . but u get the point, and the way ive done it makes it look like Dube-utante which is fairly accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

yeh sorry may not have warranted its own thread,
    You were performing a public service, informing us of something that many of us wanted to know. I doubt that the moderators will ban you for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

someone smack this up onto youtube now

O.M.G.! the hype is too much for me to take, loike!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

it was painful to watch. i thought the girls from louth and cork were really nice and showed how class is more important than some of the other attributes the girl from UCD thought were important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

"I'll have to go on my TOBLER!!"

Most. Iconic. Moron. EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Umaro wrote:
    "I'll have to go on my TOBLER!!"

It took me a while to get that.

And longer to stop writhing on the ground in agony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Watched it. I have to admit I felt really sorry for the UCD girl. I mean she was pretty much dumped by her parents in Ireland when she was younger. That would make anyone a but messed up.
    Her date for the debs was a complete twat though. How rude was he. If he rolled his eyes one more time I would have smacked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

but that girls friends were a disgrace as well tho!! "he drives a beemer" what was that all about? no prob thinking that i suppose but vocalising it on national television??? god i'd hate to be like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Kids of the age are gob****es anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Why is gob****e censored ??????????????//

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's the shít bit of gobshíte that's censored. Like nímp in unímpressed used to be, but I think they've fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

was on again last night. rofflecopter.
    The best part being the new interview with them a year down the line. Mica just doesnt get why ppl think shes a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

In fairness, it's scripted.

Apparently the girl involved is actually pretty sound, and nothing like how she pretends in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

awwww no, i mised it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

karmabass wrote: »
    In fairness, it's scripted.

Apparently the girl involved is actually pretty sound, and nothing like how she pretends in the show.

is she an actress? or is she representing herself in this light? I havnt seen it but I would like to . If RTE told me I was representing myself as myself in a show about ...... myself and then gave me a script which made me out to be a right prick .... well a bigger prick than I already am, I wouldnt exactly jump on the chance to have people say "hey look, its that prick" anymore than they already do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I don't care what Mica came across like on the show, it's most likely not who she is. I'm sure her friends like her just fine, and it's not up to us to judge her. One of the most dispicable things I ever saw in UCD was a group of guys say hi to her on the main concourse outside Science as she passed by, and then rip her to shreds behind her back when she had passed by. Eh, what did that achieve? It's all childish nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Its not scripted but from my limited exposure to mica she seems alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Blush_01 wrote: »
    One of the most dispicable things I ever saw in UCD was a group of guys say hi to her on the main concourse outside Science as she passed by, and then rip her to shreds behind her back when she had passed by. .

I see friends do that everyday in UCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Welcome to college life, home of bitching, backstabbing and general meanness and cruelty.

Actually some would say, welcome to life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whelo10

This is just a wee snippet from youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkIv5Fa57I
    ...seem like lovely girls-ish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I've run into mica on nights out before, she usually gets a hilarious amount of abuse from drunken lads. Supposedly all the abuse she gets is the reason she dropped out of ucd and is now in college in England.

I really doubt that it was scripted, by all account shes fairly similar in normal life to how she appears on the show, just a little more toned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

This is already being debated to death in AH.

Blut wrote: »
    I've run into mica on nights out before, she usually gets a hilarious amount of abuse from drunken lads. Supposedly all the abuse she gets is the reason she dropped out of ucd and is now in college in England.

I really doubt that it was scripted, by all account shes fairly similar in normal life to how she appears on the show, just a little more toned down.
    Ah if thats true Im sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Ah if thats true Im sorry to hear that.

Well if it's true that she now attends the "London School of Economics" then I doubt she's sorry to have left UCD.

stolenwine wrote: »
    Well if it's true that she now attends the "London School of Economics" then I doubt she's sorry to have left UCD.
    What? Didnt catch your point.

Im sorry to hear that she dropped out of college due to bullying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Sorry, course it's bad she felt she had to drop out just saying that on the up side she'd get a better degree at "London School of Economics" someone over on after hours thread says that's where she went.

Advertisement