Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Decent Breakfast Roll

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I think that Take 5 is shut. At least i haven't seen it open in a good while and i remember papery stuff on the window.
    they are doing renevations, i'd imagine they'll be open soon as they've been closed for ages.

must try gerard's on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

All this talk of breakfast rolls is making me hungry. *licks lips*

Damn you Janurary and healthy eating, I mustn't give in to the temptation of breakfast rolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Right I work in a shop, it's either a Spar/Centra/Londis. It doesn't matter because when it comes down to the matter of cooked food, they are all the same. All of these places get the same produce. Anyway, DO NOT, I repeat do not have a breakfast roll past 10am from any of these places because the food was cooked at 7 or even 8am and left in the heater all day long. I've tasted one of those rashers at 4pm, it's disgusting. And I'm not even going into the subject of food poisoning. Often it's a matter of guess work whether the food is cooked, "Eh it looks cooked, so it must be ....duuuhhh"
    To be honest, people who work in these places will be very lazy and cut corners, the best breakfast roll is one you'll make yourself or seen cooked in front of you.
    There is a nice little place in Rathgar, on Rathgar Avenue, beside the 108, the girls in there fry the sausages, rashers etc, on a frying pan right in front of you, it's delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

They all may get the same produce but some really do make a fist of preparing it. The spar on camden st that cremo recommended is very good I have found. I do tend to wander in there at around 7 - 7.30 so everything is lovely and fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

nicest breakfast roll ,cafe on the corner of richmond road/drumcondra road
    Also the shop on bolton street as mentioned above.

I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

There is ( or was up to last November ) a cafe in the Fruit Market behind Capel Street. They make an amazing Breakfast roll - all freshly cooked. You will be waiting 10 mins for it but its worth the wait. Jumbo breakfasts are amazing also. My chest is paining me thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

I like the one in Gerards on Leeson St Lr.

I dare say the best ever. Sausage, bacon, black/white, fried egg, hash brown, tomato.

Best pudding, good granby white pud, spicy, like hot pate, fried egg, none of this circular omellete ****e. Fresh warm crusty roll.

I think it's around €4.95, but it's really the best I've ever had. The best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Pffft those Celtic Tiger cubs and their breakfast rolls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ger's in Ballyfermot is meant to be class, never had one, but was out there one day and my mate got one, it smelled amazing pity for my hungover state and dodgy stomach.

I personnally like my home cooked ones, fresh roll, 3 superquinn sausages, 2 dennys streaky bacon, 2 back rashers, and a mountain of Meath St's finest white pudding that I mash up with a fork.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

OK I know it's not exactly on your way, but damnit it's worth it for the best breakfast roll you'll have ever tasted. There is a small newsagents on Bolton Street called Declan's and his rolls are truely outstanding.

Best rolls ever. Declan is the fattest man in all of dublin and you can't blame him having to sit and look at those rolls being made all day.

Rumour has it that he's permanently stuck behind the cash register!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ger's in Ballyfermot is meant to be class, never had one, but was out there one day and my mate got one, it smelled amazing pity for my hungover state and dodgy stomach.

I'm by Ballyer but don't know Ger's, whereabouts is this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

mikemac wrote: »
    I'm by Ballyer but don't know Ger's, whereabouts is this? :)

Ballyfermot Road, can't remember where exactly, it's in a row of shops and there is/was a pizza place called NYPD Pizza just up from it and a Bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

amoKey wrote: »
    place ot the end of nassau street near teh dental hospital called Take 5. been a while since i ate there but the brekkie rolls where super. mostly cooked fresh, they basicaklly cook teh a few sausages and rashers off and use them and when tehy run low put a small few more on. eggs are cooked fresh for teh rolls and if you want it soft or hard just ask. bloody great stuff.
    I remember that, you are making me hungry now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

heart attck on a plate but i love a good brekkie roll the spar on dame st do a nice one they have a seating area too so ya can have tea or coffee as well yummmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Cafe on Grand Canal St does awesome breakfast rolls. egg, sausage, bacon and ballymaloe relish onna ciabatta roll.

Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Eoin_Eamon

Does anyone ever do a brekki roll with beans? I swear I had one last year with:

fried eggs
    bacon
    rashers
    puddings
    beans
    spuds

Popped over to the Spar on Thomas St a few days ago and their's nearly killed me (and that was without the well grey eggs).

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Ive eaten breakfast rolls all over the place and the best ones are
    • The chuck wagon
    • Matt the rashers
    • A little newagents beside Santry garda station..(called Sarahs maybe?)
    • The cafe on maynooth mainstreet

I'm always on the look out for more places *follows thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

OK I know it's not exactly on your way, but damnit it's worth it for the best breakfast roll you'll have ever tasted. There is a small newsagents on Bolton Street called Declan's and his rolls are truely outstanding.
    crosstownk wrote: »
    It's been a lot of years since I've been to Declan's - but when I was in Bolton St DIT, his lunch rolls were legendary! I can only assume his breakfast rolls would be equally as good...........................

+1 on this id never had a breakfast roll like it lived on the food in that place when i was in Bolton St DIT, his breakfast rolls and chicken fillet rolls with wedges cheese mayo and ketchup on it were savage for lunch more like a dinner in a roll. But i heard a very sad sickening story that Declans is now closed these days, gutted to hear it would love to sample some his food again.
    leggit wrote: »
    Best rolls ever. Declan is the fattest man in all of dublin and you can't blame him having to sit and look at those rolls being made all day.

Rumour has it that he's permanently stuck behind the cash register!

Declan was a legend no need for cash register all calculations done in his head in seconds, and sure if you were a few cent short sure it didnt matter it was grand with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

the chuck wagons are always a good bet,they do breakfast in a soda farl too if that's your thing,and cooked in front of you.the cafe across from superQuinn in finglas make consistently delicious rolls if a little pricey.further afield,the coffee pot in balbriggan make lovely ones too,as do most supervalue stores.

Advertisement