Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back the Reputation system!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, that's the uniform. :D

Startk, it's ok pantsless wonder, you are a slut and are exempt.
    All sluts get rep++ from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I got banned for abuse through rep. Where's the fun in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I was once a Druid. And then I created the Mod forum. Or something. It was a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Bring it back. I didnt even realise there was one until a few days before it was withdrawn, I went to my yoke and had all these comments (mainly positive, my popularity skyrocketed after I made fun of a PI poster who pretended to have AIDS :) )

No, seriously, i was commended for the humour in my post.

Seeing as it was withdrawn so quickly i never got the chance to post anything abusive on someone elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Tha Gopher, you have 46 reputation points. Well done that man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

what i have?

RuggieBear, you have -39,042 reputation points. Try again soon please!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

god damn it. i was hoping i'd have broken the minus 40k mark by now

Well, technically you have, as inflation would bring that to a much higher negative repupoint in todays karmacurrency. This is only sheer speculation however, as reputation interest rates haven't been standardised across the internet yet. Afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A rep system might be some use if only mods (all flavours) could issue rep.

It would be a great way to mark somebody's card and if a poster goes far enough into the red he wins a short holiday and comes back afterwards with a clean sheet to sin no more, hopefully. Positive posters would get a little public recognition and as long as the distribution of rep is restrained then each point awarded would have a real worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ruu wrote:
    What bout bringing back the Star Trek thingymajigs
    Ugh, I hated those. Prefered the Newbie->No Life tag lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Hagar wrote:
    A rep system might be some use if only mods (all flavours) could issue rep.

It would be a great way to mark somebody's card and if a poster goes far enough into the red he wins a short holiday and comes back afterwards with a clean sheet to sin no more, hopefully. Positive posters would get a little public recognition and as long as the distribution of rep is restrained then each point awarded would have a real worth.

Rep++

Advertisement