Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using GHD in America

• 26-12-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

:) Emergency question!!! Can you use GHD straightening Irons bought in Ireland, in America?????????? Please Help!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

:) Emergency question!!! Can you use GHD straightening Irons bought in Ireland, in America?????????? Please Help!!!!!!!

Unless it's one of the version 4 GHD's which were only released a few weeks ago, then no. The voltage is different and it'd probably explode.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pythia wrote:
    Unless it's one of the version 4 GHD's which were only released a few weeks ago, then no. The voltage is different and it'd probably explode.

your wrong...

the United states works on a lower voltage then here.

All European and most African and Asian countries use a supply that is within 10% of 230 V, whereas Japan and most of the Americas use a supply between 100 and 127 V.

if anything the ghd would not explode, it just would take a lot longer to heat up...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Look at the product. There is a white electrical label on it. See this example. Does label say 50/60 Hz and also 100-230V? If so it's OK!

Get an adaptor to fit from Irish pins into US plugs. For this, ask in shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

America uses lower voltage than us so you will need to buy a 50 watt step-up converter. I'm sure you will find one in the States if you don't get one in time here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I got a voltage convertor but it probably wasn't set right or something because it just wouldn't heat up. It wouldn't have worked on my hair anyway as the humidity just made my hair frizz up - awful holiday for my hair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I just bought a dual voltage hair straightener. It's a Nicky Clarke Pro Ceramic Worldwide Straightener. Got it in Boots today for e37. e20 off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i used mine in new york....i think it was ok after a while, it just took a good bit longer to heat up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ladyez

Mine didn't work very well over there but you can go into a chemist like cvs or duane read and get a pretty decent pair for about 30 dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Yes, I brought mine with me and it's working fine. As said above it justs takes a bit longer to heat up.

Advertisement