Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good result today

Options
  • 26-12-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the performance though.

Defoe took his goals very well, but until he scored he'd been having a poor game, choosing to shoot instead of laying the ball off to Berbatov. At times in the 1st half, we seemed to be playing 4-3-3, with Steed joining the front two in attack but the other three midfielders sitting very deep and offering little in the way of support.

Lennon was missed on the wing, and Zokora was anonymous for the 90 minutes. I really can't wait for Jenas to return, he'll add a threat with his running from midfield. Hudd was superb at times, his range of passing is encouraging and he's not afraid to shoot. He also offers more from set pieces than we had all last season. I wonder does Fergie realise he bought the wrong midfielder...:D

Thought their goal should have been disallowed for a foul on Dawson, need to see the replay later.

Defoe, 11 goals in his last 10 starts in all competitions. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

A standard home performance. Our strikers have been masking patchy form from the 9 behind them and particularly our defence. Thought Robbo was very poor for the goal, never moved, never got down. We have won 7 in a row in the League but have failed to keep a clean sheet in any League game at home ! We are fourth bottom in the clean sheet stakes ! Source - http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/clsht.html. Even Charlton and Watford have done better.

If we are serious about getting a European place through the League, we need to get back to the clean sheets of last year. Ditto for the League Cup and UEFA Cup. God knows what will happen in Cardiff.

Same result against the Scousers hopefully ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

3 points is 3 points men, the performance doesnt really bother me, once we keep on winning to push us up the table. Massive game against pool on sat, if we beat them, we go level with them !! We need to start picking up points away from home bigtime to have a squeak of champs league !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Watched the whole game and thought we looked a bit nervous and jittery in the last ten minutes or so, Defoe needs to add the ability to pass off to his striking partner at times, but i guess as with alot of stikers the selfishness comes into it...

Can't grumble too much with the performance, won fairly easily without looking 100% comfortable... but we created enough chances to win by 3 or 4.

I still think Zokora needs a bit more time to adapt to the premiership, but although he remained anonymous during the game, he did break there play up abit and tried to make a few surging runs forward.
    Some of the passing by the midfield at times was a bit woeful, but we keep picking up the points and still within a good shout of a top 6 spot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Best side won. Villa are well organised,prepared and motivated and had only lost once away before Tues.

It was never gonna be a classic and I'm delighted with the win after the usual shambles at Newcastle last week. Well done Jermaine & Berbs

Onwards and upwards hopfully. Beating Scousers would be a massive result.
    And we're defiantely in with a shout on Sat. What a lovely way to see out 2006.

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

A "result" (if not a win) against Liverpool is a must on Saturday. We'll have to get at least a draw against the top four at home.

One down (Guy Fawkes!) and three to go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement