Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your guilds doing now?

• 26-12-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭

I am just wondering what your guilds have been doing since the 2.01 patch has been released, and what ye will be doing until TBC comes out.

My guild for one, always had guild numbers kept to a maximum and minimum - a minimum number of people online, but a maximum so that those online can raid during raid times and nobody is left out. This means that during MC (on farm) evenings, there are about 35-40 people online and each BWL (at nefarian) gets 38-40 online, but since the start of December, less people have been online, meaning some raids have been canceled because we have wiped at razorgore with only 33, etc. But since the new patch, our officers allowed a week for ppl to try PVPing for the GM armor/weapons, but since then, we've found it hard to gather 20 people for AQ20 because people still haven't got the tokens needed for what they want.

Are your guilds still trying to progress through whatever instance you are in, or have ye given up with the upcoming new level cap and change to 25-man instances?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

My guild is closed down for xmas. Lots of PVPing for GM stuff. I've been doing ZG and AQ20 in pugs anyway. Cleared AQ20 this morning in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Raiding completely on hold since about a week after patch in our guild. Decent decision I think gives some people a well needed break from the game and lets others pvp whore for HWL stuff that will let them level quick in TBC. I've gone from having no melee gear as an elemental shammy to having a decent set of stuff for enhancement as I reckon it will be the best way to level. Nice for a change too. Though I'm far more killable in PvP. :(

There's been a couple of AQ20/ZG PUGs going with other guilds as well to liven things up. I think most of the hardcore of my guild realised that the best reward per time invested was in PvP for a while so almost universally went there. It's a pity for the others who only really enjoy the raiding in the game but it's only for a month or so so no harm done really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Starting Molten Core tomorrow, believe it or not! Otherwise just milking the 5/10/20 man instances and PvPing a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The very odd 20 man raid, loads pvping as the stuff surpasses most of the loot achieveable for my guild.. (bwl and first few naxx bosses)

waiting for TBC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

roleplaying :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ganking in STV and BG :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

random bits and pieces, mainly gearing up and leveling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

We have had recruitment on hold since about mid november in preperation for 25man raids in TBC. Meant some of our classes starting getting low on members as a few people left and weren't replaced which made our naxx, aq40 runs a little difficult while bwl was ok and we ran mc with alts. After 2.0 tho we found it harder and harder as ppl wanted some pvp and then people left for xmas holidays. Basically we decided to stick our raids on hold with the odd bwl/mc alt runs when we had the numbers. I've spent my time lvling some alts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Trying to finish Naxx before the expac, Sapphiron and Kel left... doubt it'll happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, we've had a few cancelled naxx raids which has seemingly happened because some want to take a break till TBC and others want to grind HWL gear.

In fairness, its pretty pointless continuing to grind PvE instances when you could grind PvP or better yet, just wait ~3 more weeks and do some level 60-62 quests.

By 65-67 EVERYTHING will be obsolete, so really, wants the point?

Getting to 65 a couple of days before everyone else? Mneh, you can keep it :p

Though, with that said, I really want the 3 piece pvp set for my druid. Imba travel form ftw ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Still Raiding - BWL & MC with a little Ony and ZG for kicks. Not quite sure what's gonna happen in TBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Just about starting MC, though for the laugh more than anything seen as TBC's so close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

dlofnep wrote:
    Ganking in STV

aye,

my guild held booty bay down from horde for a good hour when those bruisers went sleepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Ivan wrote:
    Though, with that said, I really want the 3 piece pvp set for my druid. Imba travel form ftw ;)
    same:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

We also stuck recruitment on hold and raiding too. Some people took a few weeks break from playing. We're all rested and ready to begin fighting demons in Outland when the expansion arrives, assuming servers are up and playable.

Advertisement