Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E46 Oil Leak

Options
  • 26-12-2006 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Oil leaks on the E46 M43 engine... still trying to work out how much oil is leaking, but i think it's getting a bit worse in the last few weeks... just had a very quick look, there seems to be alot of fresh oil on the plastic pan under the engine...

I've done some googling, and there seems to be alot of talk of Oil leaks from the oil filter housing, which would kinda fit with what I'm seeing... on mine there seems to be alot of fresh oil on the engine, below where the filter is located..

If it is the oil filter housing, has anyone replaced one? some people seem to say just replace the gasket behind it and others say replace both... If it is this I'm thinking a new gasket and some black silicone would be the way to go, anyone any thoughts??

Thanks

Advertisement