Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet training dogs in a particular area

Options
  • 26-12-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Is it posible to train a dog to poo in a particular area in the garden? He is an indoor dog and never goes to the toilet indoors and we let him out at regular intervals during the day. Just wondering though if we can get him to go in a particular corner to make the cleanup easier? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

From what i have read it seems to be possible. I think what you need to do is go out side with your nd bring them there to the spot you would like them to go in. Then when they do givve them loads of praise and then continue this and eventually they will go to this spot automatically. I think this exercis is a lot easier when they are puppies as they need to go much more frequently.

I hope this is of some help and best of luck wih the training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I trained my GSD to go in the same spot just by bringing him there when he had to go. Tonnes of praise etc when he did it.
    It's that simple really.

Advertisement