Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB Romantica rant - (and other foods that aren't like the box)

• 27-12-2006 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

I guess I'm having a Michael Douglas 'Falling Down' moment here.
    My family had a HB Romantic for Christmas dessert... and I used to remember the thick chocolate base, and lovely gooey caramel with biscuit pieces and layer of biscuit with a genorous choccy topping... just like the box.

However, what came inside was a feeble looking ice cream blob that was scarce of the chocolate base and the 'inside' was some ice cream makers half arsed attempted.
    It's bascially nothing more than a chunk of vanilla and butterscotch icecream.
    Anyone else peeved about this? See the attached pics and see what I mean.
    I wonder what would happen if I shoot off a letter to HB about their over cost cutting techniques.

Any other foods you know guilty of this crime? Name and shame them here!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I never remember them being all that much tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Even if it looked bad, are you trying to tell us you didnt enjoy the taste of it one bit??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What do you want for 4 quid? A hand crafted masterpiece? Created by the world's greatest chocolatiers and delivered daily to your local tesco? Did it taste nice? Was there any glass/wood/body parts/dead animals in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

send off a letter/email with the photos asking for a refund. Worst they can do is say no. It doesn't really matter how much you paid for it, you didn't get what they advertised you would be getting.

Advertisement