Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom router 3341 problems with the ethernet.

Options
  • 27-12-2006 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

So I have a xbox360 but when i connect the ethernet cable to it, it says on the router address :

Ethernet Not Connected

A friend said that that the ethernet hole on the 3341 is dodgy and chances its broken, I was wondering what number I call to get a replacement router and are they free?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

dudel wrote:
    So I have a xbox360 but when i connect the ethernet cable to it, it says on the router address :

Ethernet Not Connected

A friend said that that the ethernet hole on the 3341 is dodgy and chances its broken, I was wondering what number I call to get a replacement router and are they free?

Thanks

Ring Eircom customer support. They will send you a new modem free of charge as your old one is broken (assuming you are on eircom of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dudel

ah ok cheers man, any idea how long that takes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

I got a replacement router from eircom.
    It took 3 days.
    They send one out straight away

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried another ethernet cable or at least established that the one you are using actually works?

yeah i've tried about 4 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Could you not test out the modem and cable on a pc even a friends if you do not own one just to try and narrow the problem down. I think you might get a better idea of where the problem lies using a PC.

yeah I've tested it using a friends laptop, I called eircom they are shipping a new router out to me.

jimbob wrote:
    I got a replacement router from eircom.
    It took 3 days.
    They send one out straight away

I still haven't got it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ring them again, they can track all modems dispatched from the warehouse in Clondalkin via An Post. Through the system they have in there they can ascertain if the modem has left the warehouse or not, it will be with An Post if it has, then they can use As Post's tracking site to find out if it has been sent for delivery yet. The modem MIGHT be in your local Post Office, if the postman couldn't deliver it he would have left a note for you, this may have become mislaid among your Xmas rubbish?

If you live in Dublin, and they tell you the modem wasn't sent, ask them to courier one to you, they should do it. Otherwise ask them to fast-track one, again, it shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement