Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lotto Rollover

• 27-12-2006 2:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Little rant. When the lotto is not won why is the rollover amount so small. The saturday lotto was €5.9M, todays lotto will be over €6.5M, a rise of just €0.6M. Since it starts €2M, shouldn't the rollovers be increased by €2M. I know when I win it I'll fee ripped off ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The amount it goes up by depends on the number of tickets sold for the roll over draw afaik. Nothing to do with the Lotto rules or the company that holds the Lotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, it starts at a minimum of €2,000,000 and any increases after that are down to the amount of tickets bought, not anything the Lotto people add to it. They will occasionally add an extra million for a special draw, but that is it. It's the amounts for the lower prize categories that can be really annoying. I got 5 numbers in August, and got just €1020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

The rollover amount is really just going to people who won't be needing an extra two million, AFAIK, the National Lottery gives a considerable portion of its funds from this to charities and voluntary organisations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Probably had something to do with the shops being closed most of the intervening time.

Advertisement