Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezer not freezing

Options
  • 27-12-2006 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

We have a small chest freezer in our kitchen thats seemed to stop working in the last few days , do they defrost every now and again?? , i was thinkin it might be because its beneeth the oven and beside the dishwasher(two scources of heat).

i havent actualy checked wether the fuse is blown or not so im gonna get down and gert some fuses today as i havent any handy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Cmon lads anyone out there?

Was it a blown fuse ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is the dial set to 0 or Off by any chance by mistake? Mine has an on/off rocker switch at the bottom where the control panel is which can be kicked off by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

niether of those :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there any sign that there is power going to it, like LED's or lights or a noise?

Is it a chest freezer (top door), or an upright freezer (door at the front) that fits into a slot (I ask as you say it's below the oven. Some may have a push button for defrosting, though that would depend on make and model. Can't say I've noticed any chests with them, though some upright's had them.

It may be a thermostat failure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement