Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who regrets not taking today off?

• 27-12-2006 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

In work with a hangover and it looks like all the local shops are shut.
    What the heck am I gonna do for hangover snacks and lunch?
    It's like a ghost-town out there and hardly anyone is in today.
    Will be doing feck all work today.
    I had thought it'd be ok coming in so I could save a day for next years hols, but I'm having second thoughs. Hopefully the local 4 Str Pizza is open.

/rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

im goin for a snooze

.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I regret it big time as I'm after coming down with a horrible dose of the flu. I normally work in an office but they'll probably want me to go and work in the shop today.
    BTW- I'm also just back from spending christmas with the family in Kildare. So a busy day and I'm sick. Woo Hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭dirtyharry1971

yeah in work today meself it sucks but what ya gonna do?:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

In work too.. But I also picked up a FANTASTIC bargain on a LCD telly from tesco, which I wouldnt have spotted if it wasnt for being conscious and in work today, and of course I had to spot it on boards too...
    but still.
    YAY!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I arrived in over an hour early because of no fecking traffic :/

Edit: too far for a comfortable walk to the city center to pick up bargains at lunch time.

... unless I get a taxi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

wish I'd stayed in bed and caught up with work tomorrow. Bus driver didn't have his ticket machine so quite a few people got a free ride courtesy of Bus Eireann.

But I have to go home on the same bus later, so I'll probably have to pay.

It's eerily quiet and wet and miserable

Oh and the water in the building is off for some reason, which is annoying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm in bed with a hangover, trying to figure out have I digested all the alcohol enough to drive to Kerry safely in a few hours...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i was the first person in the building...i was in at 8...no one else came in til 9... was feelin terrible til i spotted subway was open, so its eased the mood a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im studying !¬
    worse than all of you's put together. in a bag. bargaind bag !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

I'm the opposite.. I wish I was in work today..
    I'm awake since 6am (with this stupid cough) and have nothing to do today and really don't want to go out shopping in the rain..
    I'll probably be sorry that I'm in work tmro but sure it's Christmas.. it's a time for moaning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

came in at 8. only person working.

have dvds, food, slippers and a nice comfortable chair.

extra days holidays for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

My boss is off this week so I decided to hear him tell me that I was in at 10 today instead of 9.
    The canteen's shut so I'm gonna have to survive on the left over chocolates from last week. Joy! Should've had breakfast this morning.

Ah well, at least money is money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

Was in work at 6.30am this morning, and will be here till 7pm. I was hoping for a nice quiet day, but it turns out half the department came in and everyone seems to have something they need me to do. And since nobody's been in since last week there's a load of stuff I need to catch up on.........

I'm now really glad I booked the few days after New Years off! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

.o/

Paperwork :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Not working, but wouldn't mind if I was, didn't go out last night. So feeling fine today, driving to Kilkenny later with my sister, to stay in my da's house. Probably meet up with some people over the next few days!

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Didn't do much last night. I'd love to have something to do today though...even some form of job.

Give me something to complain about at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Sorry to hear you guys are in work, miserable. I'm off my main job for another few days but I'll be behind the bar in my other job most of the week including tonight. No rest for the wicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well im off!! Though i had to get up at 6am and drive my wife to work in Dublin as no trains till 9:30??? Was going to go to gym then car hunting... everything was closed damn it... and i got my wife to work an hour and a half early!!! No one on the roads. I did not even bother to take the Toll road M4, i took the old road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm working today. Don't mind much though, because all of my superiors are off, and they told me to 'take it easy' this week, and have a long lunch. So I plan on it!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

me - i cant belive that i offered to come in, was having a grinch moment and said bah humbug to christmas, i will come in to work - i had one of the best christmases ever - BAH HUMBUG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Working in a shop, normally mightn't be too busy on a day like today, but that fact we're right next to a pub means millions of kids coming in every five minutes with money they got off their drunken parents - "No kid, you still don't have enough money for the magazine, and Santa isn't real either, now get out of the shop." (This is what I say inside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

working today 3 to 10 and yesterday i worked 6 till 1am... i hate being a student...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I love being a student...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭angelbaby

yeah i had to work today aswel.....after the mad night i had last night i thought id never make it through the day!!!

Advertisement