Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drake199

hi im from water ford im onl 14 but i seem to know alot about waterford hauntings...waterford is full of hauntings it is considerd the worset countie of death since the 2004 murders and my room seems to have a connection to one people think im crazy but i can feel the paranormal and thier feeling i think i have some psychic thing with feeling the paranaormals feeling...sometimes..i can feel thier pain my drawers opne my closet shades always open close my door is alyways carryin a soggy moisture all over it with a bnch of cold spots iv seen shadows fallow me up the stairs iv even seen apperitions of some sorts i dont like it im trying to get my mom to a paranormal investagator for my birthday coming up in october...im never alone and i want to change that im not scared just shocked ad if thier are question u want to ask about that road i know a thing or 2 about it i never felt anything thier but thier has been murders thier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Waterford is not haunted. I've lived here for 25 years and have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that it's haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Case closed. Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ciaran1818

I've a very good friend staying in student accomodation in manor street but they have text and rang me on several occassions pertified that they have experianced some form of paranormal activity.
    For example the other night in the early hours they told me that the back door began banging and loud banging noises could be heard around the house.
    There are also stories from past occupiers in which the "Ghost" of a small child is mentioned?
    Now personally i don't believe in this carry on but it does have me tinking. This girl is genuine and wouldnt lie about this and there is alot of history on the Manor road. With the old mental institute and the laundry being located right beside it.
    I was just curious if theres anybody local from the area or anybody who can relate to the occurances that hace been "encountered"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

We may have lived in areas all our lives and not know that others are having problems with paranormal activity. So we truly can not say a location is not haunted or a area for that matter if we have not investigated it or lived there.
    drake199 I gather you are only 14 from your post, You are young and seem to be having alot happen for you. I would speak with your parents or a friend that you can trust as you are to young to be dealing with what you are experiencing all on your own, None of us here can say anything thing to you about this place or that not being haunted as you are the one experiencing things not us. There are always in all cases a reasonable explanation for things we experience but untill you seek answers you will never find them. Just be careful speak with your parents and get there guidance before calling in a paranormal investigator. Take care :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ellie12

BACK TRAMORE RD/BALLINMONA AREA

If you are from the Waterford City area or indeed Ballinmona (think that's how it's spelt). You will be familiar with the ''Blackcaps'' area. Unfotuantly this is no longer visible due to the new roads. It was located just before you come to the new round about on the bend on the back tramore road. There used to be a little stone bridge on the bend and Blackcaps was known for the stream that ran through it and through to the other side of the rd where there is the ruin of an old house. I am from the area and used to play there as a child. It was also known because people used to drink the water from the stream. Even my friends Father said he had played there as a child so it was known for generations. (its a pity its gone now).

Before the new rds where there my Friend was driving home one night on a motorbike and she saw the ghost of a man leening against the stone bridged wall of blackcaps with his legs crossed and his arms folded. As she came in tight to hug the bend (it was very narrow here) the man outstretched his hand and touched her but it went through her and she did not feel it. As she drove on she checked her mirrors and the man was gone!!

Supposidly a man comitted suicide here. So this could have been the ghost of this man.

I do not live far from the back rd to tramore/Ballinmona and now and as a child always went walking out around there. Personally, I always felt there was something about the area i could not but my finger on. (could be all in my head,lol).

P.S my friend lives in the old castletown schl house and i do not think she has ever heard anything. Although i never asked so i will get back if i hear of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellie12

MAIN TRAMORE RD-WATERFORD CITY

Also, on the main tramore rd- around the area of the halfwayhouse. There has been a few rd accidents here where people where killed. You will see the placks along the walls. I heard a few stories that when people drove by this stretch of rd they often got a strange feeling. A friend of mine also told me that her father was driving by here one night. He was on his own in the car and said all of a sudden he could feel that someone was sitting in the back of the car but he felt terrified to look in rear mirror and said he never experienced anything like it.

I never heard this first hand off anyone though( but have heard a few ppl say similar things) but the previous one i did and it is 100% true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive had a few experiences in Tramore, nothing that would warrant a movie being made mind you. It used to occur on the boreen that connected the roundabout (as your enter Tramore from the Waterford Rd) to the race course. Most of the road has been expanded now.

My grandmother had an experience with a mysterious horsemen that she swears by on that road many years ago. I heard similar tales from friends in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 noname_123

Me and a few friends went cycling one day looking for that house.Went in to a few pubs on the way out and were told stories about it and other stories.Apparently there were men hung in the forest across from the long hall pub? We got to haughtons pub(scarey place)and gave up but planned on going further the next time we go. We had all the "interviews" in pubs on video but i lost them all when i bought my new hard drive :( anyone ever hear of the ghosts that haunt the manor by larchville or the convent?

Its actually fact they hung people in the forest across from the long hall in kilmeaden in the 16th-18th century if not more I forgret exact dates. There's a tree in the forest were the grass turned brown around it and never grows this is how you can find the hanging tree there's a story about why the grass went brown and doesn't grow around it, you probably heard it along your travels. Portlaws good for curses and ghosts it you want some fairly accurate stories.

Advertisement