Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you go to clear your head?..

Options
  • 27-12-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

You want to get some thinking done, where's your place?.

For me it has to be either Portmarnock or Howth (harbour or summit).

I love walking on Portmarnock beach on a winter's day, I always feel refreshed after that.

You?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I think Howth's a great place for that, all right. If I'm in the city centre though, I find the Iveagh Gardens more convenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Howth Summit, smoke a cigar and have a think, cant beat it.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Dun Laoghaire harbour or the Iveagh Gardens

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Botanic Gardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nightwish wrote:
    Iveagh Gardens

One of Dublin's hiden trasures (sp'ing) in my opinion. A lovely spot if your around Harcourt St/Earlsfort Tce area.

But IMHO nothing compares to the fresh sea breezed of Howth or Portmarnock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

sandycove beach when there s nobody there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Great idea for a thread Mairt. I always take the DART down to Killiney for peace. I swam a few times there during the autumn and winter of 2004 with a girl I was very fond of. It was of course freezing but being with her warmed my heart completely.

...It didn't work out with her in the end but I still have Killiney to go to for great, warm memories irrespective of what the weather is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'll be watching this thread for new places, Iveagh Gardens is already one, have never heard of it before:)

Shanganagh Park in Shankil can be pretty nice early in the morning, just go over to the east of it and you'll be standing on cliffs looking out to the sea. Dun Laoghaire pier at the small hours of the morning can be pretty nice too, if you go to the right of the main harbour, there's an area with a walkway that looks out to the open sea and can be great to just sit looking at the stars on a clear, crisp night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

The cliff walk in Howth is the spot, especially on a windy day.

Advertisement