Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Outlook

• 27-12-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I had my mail downloading on my pc, now i got a new laptop, can i bring all my mail over?? If so how??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

You are using Outlook as opposed to outlook express?

File>Import and Export> Export to a file > Export as personal Folder file (*.pst)

Choose filder to export, select the "include subfolders" checkbox.
    Save the exported file in a suitable location. Make a note, so it can be placed on a CDR/DVDR/Memorykey afterwards.
    Choose encryption if you want.

On the other machine, Choose File>Import and export>Import from another program or file>Personal folder file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

and on the offchance he is actually using Express and is confused... Its only a little more complicated.
    Go to tools, options, maintenance. click on the store folder and take a note of the folder. Best to copy paste it in to start-run and you go right there.
    Copy all the files in there on to cd or mem key etc.
    Then on new pc open outlook express, it makes a new identity profile if run for first time.. same thing then open the store folder location, close outlook express then overwrite the files... you CAN import them but if you have a lot of mail this takes ages.

Oh and if you stick them on to cd, just make sure when you copy them to the new pc to uncheck read - only in their attributes (right click, properties.)

Advertisement