Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Digital Phot Frame

Options
  • 27-12-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

I got my girlfriend a Linx Photo8W Dig Photo frame for xmas.

It looks great and that but the instructions etc are not very clear and the frame in general seems to be kinda difficult to find your way round.

I assumed with a dig frame, like and ipod or dig camera, that it would be a simple case of connecting the frame to your PC/laptop and dragging the desired pics/songs/videos etc into a folder.

But with thsi model you need to use your camera's memory card or a USB stick which is kind of annoying and not always practical.

Is there any model dig frame that's a bit more "idiot proof" for the want to a much better phrase? A bit easier to use. And are all frames the same as this one in that you need to use a card or USB stick??

It cost €199 and in fairness really looks the part, but I'm considering bringing it back and getting her a diff one?

Any suggestions? Thanks alot...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

we got a philips model.
    it can hold a few (20?) photos, can be loaded via usb, and has an internal battery.
    i'd say its still best to buy a cheap extra card and use that

build quality and display is better than most.

but it too has a crap user interface.
    saying that its not often one changes the photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

demosuzki wrote:
    we got a philips model.
    it can hold a few (20?) photos, can be loaded via usb, and has an internal battery.
    i'd say its still best to buy a cheap extra card and use that

build quality and display is better than most.

but it too has a crap user interface.
    saying that its not often one changes the photos.

Got one in PC World for €159. Resolution only reasonable (wouldn't be as clear as the Philips model) but a doddle to use. Remote control, onscreen menu, you wouldn't even need instructions. USB port for connection to laptop to manipulate SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

got one in dunnes today for €79.95. Maxin is the make, it cheap and cheerful and does the job i need it for.Heres the specs:

Maxin MX 30-91
    7 inch TFT
    Alarm clock
    Calendar
    26 mega pixel image support
    remote control
    SD MMC card slot
    Usb lead
    Arcsoft photo CD
    built in speaker

might be considered a bargain by some

Advertisement