Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you Superquinn!

Options
  • 27-12-2006 2:06pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

To get another nice thread going:

Superquinn sent us a nice big hamper for being one of their best customers in the past year. Full of really good stuff, and was totally unexpected.

A very big well done on that. It is really good when businesses show their appreciation of good custom, anyone else get similar surprises?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

How did they identify you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Pythia wrote:
    How did they identify you?

Club card.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Club card.
    There could be 'better' customers who refuse to use those cards (like me)! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

have to agree, the level of (friendly) service in my local superquinn is really good and they've really improved things in the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There could be 'better' customers who refuse to use those cards (like me)! :)

ha ha , you could have got a hamper.

Afraid of "big brother" eh?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Reminds me of the story my dad tells when him and my mam were newly married they did their weekly shop in Superquin and they put their shopping through the till they went to pay and my dad had forgotten his wallet. They were mortified and they didnt know what to do. A "manager" walked up to my dad and said to take his wife (my mam) and the shopping home and to bring back up the money for the shopping when they had it. Hows that for customer service? The "manager" was...Fergal Quinn himself. My mam (rip) said she was so embarrassed but he was so nice about it. My dad dropped my mam home with the shopping and raced back up with the money. Nice story always makes me smile. Nice to see the customer service is just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

Superquinn have always been spot on. I made a small complaint a few years ago, and Fergal Quinn e-mailed me back personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Geek Nose wrote:
    Superquinn have always been spot on. I made a small complaint a few years ago, and Fergal Quinn e-mailed me back personally!

...alleggedly ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Red Alert, you must spend a fortune in the store :D

Superquinn was excellent in the early days while Feargal Quinn took a direct involvement in it, but the new guys who own it now are just businessmen looking for a profit. Quinn was a businessman too, no doubt, but he was also a politician/people-pleaser. It's still a great supermarket but I can see it degenerating rapidly over the next year or so. I think Quinn always understood that making the customer happy meant making the staff happy first. Staff aren't been treated very nicely anymore and it's only time before that filters down to the customers. It's a very different atmosphere to what it used to be.

Also in 3 or 4 years time when Burke & co are finished with it they'll just sell it off to an english chain. It's inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

gonker wrote:
    A "manager" walked up to my dad and said to take his wife (my mam) and the shopping home and to bring back up the money for the shopping when they had it.

A similiar thing happened my mother years ago, a supervisor told her the same thing take the shopping and call back later with the money, when she questioned him (and couldn't believe what she was hearing) he basically told her "You've been shopping here everyweek for years, we know you are going to come back".

Basically Fergal Quinn, know that customer care was the thing that mattered most, and it show's despite their prices been slightly higher people will always go back to Superquinn, his book sorry I can't remember the name of it, (think it might be "Crowning the customer") makes a good read for anyone working in sales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement