Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattoo place?

Options
  • 27-12-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Where's the best tattoo place in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had a tattoo done in Metal Works on Shop street and have been complimented on it several times. Depends on the design really - it's more up to the individual artist than the shop.
    Bring your design in to the shop and ask if anyone there can make it, then ask to see similar tatts done before by that artist. Most, if not all, tattoo artists always take photos of their work when done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

Irish Ink opposite the Blue Note did my last tat perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Got work done in both places. Much happier with Irish Ink .. I think the dudes name that works in there is Ronan .. ask for him, he is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Danke, hear a few bad things about Irish Inks rep places - metal works seems to be the way to go although it's a bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Planet X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The french dude in Irish Ink is a magician!

That's discouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

if you get a tribal design or a chinese symbol i will come to your house, and i will cut you.

Ain't for me that I'm asking jizzy mc jizzpants

grasshopa wrote:

It's for a friend of his... uh... Tom.... Mc... em... Michaels. Ahem.. yeah.. Tom McMichaels.

He just wants to get "mum" tattooed on his right butt cheek. Isn't that right?

• Advertisement

I'm not a tattoo man pissforbrains.

Oh my god... There is a guy whose online name is "pissforbrains" that's quite imaginative.

No okay.. To be honest with you, I can't really see you with a tattoo... Just like myself.

From all the work I've seen, I'd be more inclined towards Irish Ink, or if the person is really serious, go up to dublin, where it will be cheaper and where the better artists are.

If it has to be done in Galway, Irish Ink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

irish ink did my half sleeve, looks bloody wicked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

grasshopa wrote:

Jizzy Mc Jizzpants!!!

For some reason this made me laugh really hard. Must be because I have hardly slept in days.

Still though. Jizzy McJizzpants - brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

both me and my boyfriend got ours done in metal works n every one loves the guy who did them was really good to and the best thing he guarentees all his tats.

def will be going back there for my next one unless that is i win the lotto and can afford to fly to miami for the guys at miami ink to do it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

What do you mean he guarantees them ? Is he going to erase them if they don't turn out right ?

Seriously , the best person to go to for a tat is Jim Ward in Westside . He does a lovely four dots on the knuckles and a brilliant indian ink cross on the forearm . Everyone compliments me on my ones .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fran07

can anyone tell me facts about the artists in irish ink and metalworks? i want to get a tattoo, but dunno where it's better?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Go in to both and talk to them yourself.
    Form your own opinion first, and then perhaps seek some corroboration from people on this forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fran07

already talked to an artist in the one studio, the other was closed. i'll make another try, txt again after... :) thanks! i think you're right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KittyPage

Just to let you all know, in April through June my fiance' will be doing a guest spot at Metal Works. Check out some of his work

http://artisantattoos.com/

or

myspace.com/webmurk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement