Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What Song Was That" Thread

Options
  • 27-12-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'll start it off...

does anyone know what song was played around 2ish on Christmas Eve?
    They said it was something like "Stabilisers by Blowtooth" (or maybe Blowtooth by Stablisers)
    Can Anyone Help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Zigmund wrote:
    I'll start it off...

does anyone know what song was played around 2ish on Christmas Eve?
    They said it was something like "Stabilisers by Blowtooth" (or maybe Blowtooth by Stablisers)
    Can Anyone Help?

blo.tooth now called juno falls me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

There was a song played on Xmas day at around 9:40, it was kinda proggy I guess with instrumental sections with a flute and an accoustic guitar. Sorry I can't be more specific, the singer was a high pitched male. It was a good song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

there is a song out there with the lyrics
    "I am the Price of wales,I am the prince of wales"
    and something something , I am a Monarch

(chorus)
    This decision is mine,This decision is mine....."

anyone know who this is? , I must buy this now,right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

The Young Knives - "The Decision"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

just a few mins ago Micko (blitz) played a song that he said was from an album that was a dj shadow-esque party type of jobbie. it featured talk of robots coming and stuff. very good stuff, but i totally missed the artist or song title.

anyone catch it?
    (and tbh since it was a best of 2006 a playlist should be posted, a lot of pure gems played as always by Micko)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hi all

here's the play list from Mickos Best of 2006 show broadcast on December 29nd. Micko presents 'Blitz' every Friday night 22:00 to 00:00 on Phantom 105.2, Dublin.

Hole in the Earth DEFTONES
    No Way out LIVING END
    Leaving Jesusland NOFX
    Stand in Silence AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF THE DEAD
    The Pot TOOL
    Uprising nation SICK OF IT ALL
    Red Headed Butterflies STEVEN BRODSKYS OCTAVE MUSEUM
    Erase it Again SPARTA
    Viscera Eyes THE MARS VOLTA
    O Fortuna AMPLIFIER
    Soft Smoke PINK SPIDERS
    Mojo PEEPING TOM
    Backwoods SCISSORFIGHT
    Graduation Day HEAD AUTOMATICA
    Sprung THERAPY?
    I am the Night Color me Black PRIESTESS
    Butterscotch CANCER BATS
    Sleep is the Enemy DANKO JONES
    The Death of Us THE NEW AMSTERDAMS
    Our Swords BAND OF HORSES
    Manipulation THE BLACK ANGELS
    Jesus Christ BRAND NEW
    Catalyst SLAYER
    My First Big break CUT CHEMIST
    Geneva Code THE STRAYS
    White Guilt THE BRONX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Boyclan

There is a song I've heard a few times this month. Its a really cool driving, rocky number with a great female singer. The chorus goes something like "Standing in the way of control"

Ring any bells? Sorry its so vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Filthy Jeff

The Gossip - Standing in the way of control

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BrianD wrote:
    Hi all

here's the play list from Mickos Best of 2006 show broadcast on December 29nd. Micko presents 'Blitz' every Friday night 22:00 to 00:00 on Phantom 105.2, Dublin.

Hole in the Earth DEFTONES
    No Way out LIVING END
    Leaving Jesusland NOFX
    Stand in Silence AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF THE DEAD
    The Pot TOOL
    Uprising nation SICK OF IT ALL
    Red Headed Butterflies STEVEN BRODSKYS OCTAVE MUSEUM
    Erase it Again SPARTA
    Viscera Eyes THE MARS VOLTA
    O Fortuna AMPLIFIER
    Soft Smoke PINK SPIDERS
    Mojo PEEPING TOM
    Backwoods SCISSORFIGHT
    Graduation Day HEAD AUTOMATICA
    Sprung THERAPY?
    I am the Night Color me Black PRIESTESS
    Butterscotch CANCER BATS
    Sleep is the Enemy DANKO JONES
    The Death of Us THE NEW AMSTERDAMS
    Our Swords BAND OF HORSES
    Manipulation THE BLACK ANGELS
    Jesus Christ BRAND NEW
    Catalyst SLAYER
    My First Big break CUT CHEMIST
    Geneva Code THE STRAYS
    White Guilt THE BRONX

great stuff brian, cheers. i'm gonna "blitz" this credit card on amazon now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LauraLeeConboy

Excellent song, think that's the one you are thinking of!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

was listening to the "very late show" at a friends there last night (saturday) and there was a great song that I think he said was called "Every Show", but I didn't catch the band's name. Guesses welcome, answers preferred.

kD

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rob007

The song is often played on Channel 6 in Ireland. I really like it but keep missing the start where they give the band and song name. I only turn on midway through....its happened 3 times.

Anyway the lyrics include a line "I promised my wife and kids i'd never drink again"

Can you help???????????

Thanks
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

rob007 wrote:
    The song is often played on Channel 6 in Ireland. I really like it but keep missing the start where they give the band and song name. I only turn on midway through....its happened 3 times.

Anyway the lyrics include a line "I promised my wife and kids i'd never drink again"

Can you help???????????

Thanks
    Rob

As mentioned...Cold War Kids "We used to Vacation" You should check out their website...they used to have some mp3's on it...but not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rob007

Thanks Catch 22,

Good book too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

Anyone recognise this song?

"Why can't you look after yourself, cos it's always you and me, now and forever?"

I think that line is the first line of the chorus. I've tried various search engines, no luck. Might have the lyrics a bit wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

I know the song you are taliking about, -Lithium-, but I never knew who sang it.
    My google search returned some results. Apparently it's Turn. The song is "Beretta". Apparently.

Now my turn. I heard a song on Phantom before Christmas with the lyrics "we like to sing in a pirate's voice, a pirate's voice, a pirate's voice". Is this The Warlords of Pez? Tried listening to their new album in Tower today but it wouldn't play :(

Cheers, Morrigan. That's been annoying me for a few weeks.

To return the favour, that song is "Monster Voice" by Warlords of Pez, and I believe you can listen to it on their MySpace site, if you really want to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Brilliant! Thanks!

I think "Monster Voice" is a work of Genius...

Yeah, it's alright, I suppose...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Yeah the pez are hilarious, the album is hilarious, as is there stage show and costume stuff (really the chalets incognito)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LauraLeeConboy

Hey Litium

The Song that you are thinking of with the lyrics 'why can't you look after yourself, cause it's always you and me' that's Beretta by Turn.

Thanks LauraLeeConboy. It's a pity Turn broke up last year, I obviously didn't appreciate them enough when they were around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 wunderzwiebel

Hey folks,
    On the icon show last week, about 830 ish was an Irish female singer, now based in Germany I believe. Can't remember the details, but she had a fantastic voice, very soul-rock kinda stuff. I'll know the name if I hear it. Any ideas? Or the playlist even?
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 westifeforever

hey does anyone know what a song with the lyrics in the chorus "so wait for me by table eight, i'll be there i won't be late". sounds really like bush song but i can't find any info on it aanywhere and i las heard it on phantom ages ago

Advertisement