Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German website -Topvision.

Options
  • 27-12-2006 4:23pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just bought a LE37R72B Samsung from Topvision.de

I tried to get it on Technikdirect.de but no luck -out of stock.

So - I ordered the TV on monday 11th Dec after ringing to confirm shipping and times etc.
    Thought I would ring back to confirm credit card transaction and that all was ok but after 2 hours of trying - could not get through -multi menus.
    After noticing on the main page (in German) a "skype me" button - I got thru to them first thing on the wed.
    Told me it would ship that afternoon and a delivery date on the Tuesday.

Emails comms weren't great and in German, but not too bad.
    Tuesday the 19th a couier called to the door with the TV.
    He had my mobile number but there was no call before delivery -not sure if this would suit a lot of people.

TV is up and running now with an MCE also and it super :D:D
    Haven't had time to mess with the settings much but am now in negotiations to get Sky Digital -as analogue is not great - well not good enough for a screen like this.

I also got my corner glass stand from Eng - from Stand & Deliver.
    215euro for a very nice black glass corner unit.
    |Ordered monday 11th got on wed 13th.
    Very happy with it.

Hope this helps.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Two questions:

1) How much was delivery?
    2) How'd you pay?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

quad_red wrote:
    Two questions:

1) How much was delivery?
    2) How'd you pay?

HI,

I updated the top sticky with other info - no worries

I got the TV delivered for 1224euro -shipping was 16 euro :eek:
    I know -I don't know if they add some into the original price but thats all I was charged. 1224 was all that was on my credit card - so happy days.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can I ask you how you paid for it because it looks like u pay an extra 99 euros for paying by credit card and 99euros for payment in advance which doesn't make sense to me

Thanks

Snake ;)

Can I ask you how you paid for it because it looks like u pay an extra 99 euros for paying by credit card and 99euros for payment in advance which doesn't make sense to me

Thanks

Snake ;)

thats one reason I rang them - didn't fully understand the costs as per their website.

goto this link and it shows 16 euro ????

didn't really care -- best ring them though.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi Karl,

I see it seems to be slightly different if you buy a Plasma see here http://www.topvision-online.de/details.html?item=2100838525&sessid=3164714964592b96b3eba6&highlights=

99 euros for using the credit card also when you change the country to Ireland on your set the price seems to jump to 1250.68, seems a bit strange?

Thanks

Snake ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

How did you manage the address entry on the site? The fields presented don't really lend themselves to Irish addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Greetings Karl,

Did you have much trouble trying to contact them via phone, as I have been trying for 3 days now and can only get as far as being kept on hold,
    If I am not careful, my calls to germany will outweight any savings that I may make.

Thanks for your help.
    regards
    silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What is their warranty service like? Do you have to bear the costs of sending the set back if it goes wrong?

silverski wrote:
    Greetings Karl,

Did you have much trouble trying to contact them via phone, as I have been trying for 3 days now and can only get as far as being kept on hold,
    If I am not careful, my calls to germany will outweight any savings that I may make.

Thanks for your help.
    regards
    silverski

I tried for a full day to conatct them thru Skype phone and got put on hold.
    Then by chance - I loaded the German web page and saw the skype button.
    Next morning -I pressed it and instantly got thru to an English speaking lad who answered all my q's etc.

so try that. On this page http://www.topvision.lu/
    see the "call me" button :D

K

TKK wrote:
    How did you manage the address entry on the site? The fields presented don't really lend themselves to Irish addresses.

The Germans :rolleyes:

Address' are done : my street 12345 (as they all live in apts)
    Postcode/city : 0000 / Dublin
    Phone ; 00353187654321 (00353 + area code + number)

hope this helps.

K

• Advertisement

Greetings karl,

Thanks for point out the Skype button, I will give that a go tomorrow morning and see what they will do for me.
    Hoping to order the th42px600 and the harmony 885 remote.

Thanks
    Silverski

Greetings Karl,

Have been trying to contact them since yesterday morning, no luck yet.

I may have to consider going to Peats in Blanch and check out their offer.

Will need to decide soon. otherwise my money will go to another project :(

Will keep you posted.

Regards
    Silverski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Thanks for the pointers on the address karltimber. My question was more how you entered the address given that those are the only fields available?

Advertisement