Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TVersity 0.9.9.2 is out

• 27-12-2006 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Great news - apparently it solves the annoying bug regarding dropping the last 30 seconds of transcoded video as well as a bunch of other fixes

Going to give it a go now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yup, tried it last night and that issue has been resolved meaning TVersity is now sooo much more useful. Another issue has sprung up for me now though, but I'm not sure if it's just me having the problem.

Whenever any video ends it doesn't go back to the dashboard, but instead the Xbox 360 locks up and has to be rebooted. :( I'm gonna try again later to see if it keeps happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

do all videos have to be in the wmv format to play em on the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Scruff wrote:
    do all videos have to be in the wmv format to play em on the 360?
    nope it encodes them on the fly

excellent! does it work ok over a wireless network. router is only 802.11b though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

it works perfertly with my crap eircom wireless router :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wiredmacker

I have problems setting it up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

kyub wrote:
    Yup, tried it last night and that issue has been resolved meaning TVersity is now sooo much more useful. Another issue has sprung up for me now though, but I'm not sure if it's just me having the problem.

Whenever any video ends it doesn't go back to the dashboard, but instead the Xbox 360 locks up and has to be rebooted. :( I'm gonna try again later to see if it keeps happening.

Same problem here.

:( Still having the same problem here. I've posted in a thread that's open on their forums about it so hopefully they'll check it out soon. For the moment I'm having to either reboot each time or else manually STOP it before the video ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

but you need a pretty speedy cpu to transcode on the fly - i cant even do xvid -> wmv 640 x 480 on my crappy core solo :( boo!

Yeah true, you do need a fairly hefty processor to transcode on the fly. I'm using an Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ here and it handles it quite easily.

• Advertisement

i cant connect my 360 to tversity. Have tversity running on pc, opened port 41952 on the windows firewall and enabled UPnP on the router (ZyXel Prestige 660HW-61).
    Should i allow the following as well:
    Allow UPnP to pass through Firewall

Any other suggestions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

I had to turn off windows firewall to get this working

Got it working. Expicitly added port 41952 for udp and tcp on windows firewall.
    Can you only view the videos by going to media->videos on the xbox?
    Would be nice if you could view the folders that are shared rather than just a huge list.
    Running at max 740x480 and it looks pretty damn good.
    must try some higher 16:9 resolutions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

kyub wrote:
    Yeah true, you do need a fairly hefty processor to transcode on the fly. I'm using an Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ here and it handles it quite easily.

I got an old chip an AMD 2200+ and it does it on the fly ok most of the times :P I do really need to upgrade tho.

The only problem im having with mine is now towards the end of what im watching it kinda stutters if that makes sense.. the picture freezes but the sound is ok. not sure if its to do with myset up tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Hi Folks,

I.t. proficiant I am not.

Quick question. I have my xbox360 rigged up to my laptop (windows media connect) and the laptop to my router. I have loads of video and audio files in my shared folder. The xbox plays the audio from the folder no prob but when I search for the video it isnt showing up. The video is mainly .avi or .wmv, is there a simple way to make them show up or will I have to download tversity and connect through that.

Thanks in advance for any replys.

Go with TVersity. Even if you manage to get it working with Windows Media Connect, as far as I know, it will only play .wmv files. TVersity will play them all. Give it a go, it's a nice piece of software.

kyub wrote:

Kyub, in case you haven't seen this on the TVersity forum yet, you can get around this problem by pressing the XBox button to return to the dashboard, rather than pressing back. Not ideal, but it saves rebooting.

Yep I spotted it there last week. TVersity is now working perfectly for me, and I've watched movie files as large as 800mb with no issue whatsoever via my Wireless network. It really is a brilliant piece of software, mainly due to the guys behind it working so hard with updates and bug fixes. :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Does TVersity work on Vista 64bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Is TVersity better than transcode360?! Or is it a matter of preference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Julez wrote:
    Is TVersity better than transcode360?! Or is it a matter of preference?
    Transcode is used if your using Media Center. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think tversity can be used in Media Center, just the standard 360 media player. In any case I think transcode is better as (again correct me if i'm wrong) I don't think tversity is capable of fast forwarding.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

LFCFan wrote:
    Does TVersity work on Vista 64bit?

Let me answer my own question. Just set it up on my Home Premium x64 machine (Athlon X2 4400+) and it works a treat. The only thing missing is the functionality to fast forward and rewind the video and of course the annoyance of all the vids being in a flat list and not in folders. I can live with that though! No more burning DivX DVD's :)

Advertisement