Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP website advice

Options
  • 27-12-2006 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Right so I'm building a website using php, and am looking for some tips.

The site will be based on members looking at other members profiles and having some kind of messaging system so they can contact them.

A mySQL database will hold each members information and pictures.

How would I go about having each member have an easy to remember url, i.e. www.mysite.com/member1

So that when that kind of url is entered, it will load a generic profile page but that users details from the database will be inserted into it. If that makes any sense.

Also sometimes you will see a site www.mysite.com/category/blah.html

Now if you have all your pages in one directory it will and you open the page blah.html, it will be www.mysite.com/blah.html

Is it a case of just making a subfolder category, and putting blah.html in that?

Comments

Advertisement