Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best valet/detailer in dublin?

Options
  • 27-12-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Having tried unsuccessfully (patience isnt a virtue of mine) to get the swirl marks out of my paint ive decided to pay a pro! (i was using a porter cable and menzerna polish so its not my tools its me!)

Can anyone recommend someone who can do a proper paint restore jobbie removing swirlmarks etc, im not looking for a normal valeter more a detailer, anyone know of someone who could do this jobbie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Scott Donaldson in fairview is probably the best I know and I have seen most valet centres at work having sold product for a couple of years.

Coming from town turn right before fairview fire station and hes just down the road on your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Cyrus wrote:
    Having tried unsuccessfully (patience isnt a virtue of mine) to get the swirl marks out of my paint ive decided to pay a pro! (i was using a porter cable and menzerna polish so its not my tools its me!)

What kind of pads were you using? Also: what kind of car do you have?

Severe swirls are going to be hard to remove with the PC. You may need a rotary.

I found results with Menzerna (intensive polish followed by final polish II) weren't as good as those I got with a simple Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. But YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sonus pads that came with pc, using the cutting pad

where did you get the swirl remover?

german paints are a pain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Try carcraft.ie, I have heard good reports on them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Cyrus wrote:
    sonus pads that came with pc, using the cutting pad

where did you get the swirl remover?

Do a google on "Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover" and you should find lots of places. You may have to import it from the US, though.

If you've got a German car, you might need specialized stuff I don't know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

menzerna was supposed to be the special stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Beacon Sandyford.. well able to sort what you are looking to do to the paintwork.

Advertisement