Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Christmas Panto rip-off.

Options
  • 27-12-2006 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hello lads, I attended the Limerick Panto Society panto, "Babes in the Wood" at University Concert Hall , Limerick www.uch.ie
    at the first showing on Wednesday the 27th of December 2006, where I had to pay full price (14 euros) for a 5 month boy to attend the panto with his family !

I had already paid full price for tickets for 2 adults and 4 children, a not inconsiderable sum, and was trying to gain admission to the show via entrance door number 2, when I was refused admission by the Managing Director of the UCH, where he told my dis-believing ears that I would have to get and pay for a full price ticket for my sleepy 5 month old boy, (Price 14 euros) after already having paid out for 6 full price tickets, (4 children and 2 adults).
    He dismissed my complaint about this anti-family pricing policy, by saying that it was his only way of counting the members of the audience in case of an emergency evacuation,
    However, to his shame, he would not issue me with a no cost ticket to cover this particular eventuality/excuse.
    I was then told by box office staff on-site at the hall at the mid point interval, that this instruction to charge for babes in arms was taken by the Limerick Panto Society Director, Tony Cusack in what seems to me to be a blatant pass-the-buck move.
    I also took a vox-pop of other families in the foyer and the concert hall during the interval at the panto and, without exception, were unsurprisingly aggrieved at having to pay full price for a babe in arms.
    I came across about 10 couples in similar circumstances, on the day.
    The managing director of UCH is a Michael J Murphy
    e-mail address is: mmurphy@uch.ie
    People need to be informed of this rip-off policy at Limerick UCH.
    This is no simple misunderstanding, this is their stated policy!
    Thanks for your time, I hope you soften these peoples cough just a little, they seem to act as though they believe themselves to be untouchable and with much more than a simple touch of arrogance.

Do you think I was right to get upset??
    I would love to hear your take on this.
    Regards, V300.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scally

I couldn't agree with you more, all events i have attended with my children allow under twos to attend free of charge. In the long run the universitys attitude will discourage familys from attending any of there events...Ripp off ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

Thanks for your supportive reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

v300 you do have a very valid argument but i fail to see what posting this on a message board will achieve.

Your best bet is to copy and paste your post into an email and forward to the limerick post and the leader and while you're at it the Limerick Independant.

Both the post and independant are free and are delivered right to the door of the majority of limerick residents.

I reckon that's the way to go about getting this changed.

Believe me when i say bombarding this guy with emails will not change a thing, especially if the people sending the mails had no direct contact with the situation. The only way to get this ridiculous policy changed it to broadcast it to the people of Limerick through the free media and shame them into changing their policy.

just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Surely posting someone else' email address in a forum is against the rules (any mods around?)

They ain't minting it down there BTW - it's a service like any other...

Advertisement