Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car suggestions?

Options
  • 27-12-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been putting up more miles on my e46 bmw 323ci than i thought i would so the time to move it on may come sooner than i had originally thought (want to sell before i hit 65000)

So im wondering what to get next. Budget will be 25k max.

Requirements are: must be 01 or newer. 200 bhp plus. Petrol preferably but i may try a diesel. Nice interior is important aswell, sports leather seats etc.

Engine size 2.5litres or less would be nice for tax reasons and insurance but im open to all suggestions.

At the moment im thinking of an audi a4 quattro with the 1.8t engine remapped and quattro body kit, also thinking another bmw coupe maybe a 330 or a 330d saloon, there is also a lovely alfa 156gta going on carzone, tax is a killer tho and i doubt residuals would be great :(, looked at 01 audi s3s, dunno if i want a smaller car tho.

Other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Again already? :eek:

If it wasn't you, Cyrus, my advice would be the 330d

But it is you and chances are you're gonna change again soon. I suppose nice bargains can be had on the 330i and especially the 156 GTA. Someone else would have taken the bulk of the depreciation by now, leaving excellent value for money for you. Both are superb cars

Beware that either of those cars are going to be very difficult to sell on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

What about that Fiat Coupe you were looking at last time? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I didn't realise the Golf got the road!

Why not keep the BMW until you have the finances to get something that is a decent improvement over what you have. What you are suggesting is different, but not really better than what you drive.

Considering the transaction costs in buying a new car, that makes no sense in my book.

I agree, maidhc. But there's no point trying to tell that to Cyrus - he'll ignore us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

How many seats do you need Cyrus? Is a semi-practical car needed?

hehe sorry lads cant help it :)

to be fair ive yet to incur any great transaction costs always managing to sell at a price either the same or above what i originally paid! that luck will run out but for the time being ive been lucky.

i need 4 seats to be fair as i sometime need the car for work and bringing staff with me to clients, 2 doors is fine tho

ive a real thing for the 156gta, i remember bmoferral had a class looking one

@ unkel itll be a couple of months yet before i change but ill start looking now,

cheers for advice so far guys

Cyrus wrote:
    ive yet to incur any great transaction costs always managing to sell at a price either the same or above what i originally paid!

Fair play to ya!

Test drive both a 330Ci (or even a saloon) and a GTA, you'll probably be hooked one way or the other :D

An early E46 M3 is not that far out of your budget - perhaps your next car this time next year?

definately

also have a hankering for a nissan 350z at some stage, quickly before i end up with kids :D

Cyrus wrote:
    quickly before i end up with kids :D

Now's your chance before you're stuck to saloons, or - oh nightmare - MPVs :eek: :D

• Advertisement

audi rs4 avant anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Cyrus wrote:

ive a real thing for the 156gta, i remember bmoferral had a class looking one

I can assure you, it is still about and still as class looking :cool:

Advertisement