Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus Problem

Options
  • 27-12-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Heya my azureus distributed database icon showas yellow however my nat is green, when i highlight the distributed database thingy it says theres also a problem with my firewall/nat even when my nat is okay and my firewall and windows firewall and firewall on router are deactivated, this does not happen to my laptop using the same network, i really dont want to reinstall windows over this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Have you opened up a second set of udp/tcp ports for the 2nd computer?

Otherwise, only one of your computers will have the green database icon (presuming you set up your router to route your azureus traffic to one computer in your network).

Just choose another port number, configure Azureus to use that port, set up the routing to point traffic on that port to the ip address of your second computer and you should be good to go.

Hope that helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

erm i have seperate ports and ips for both machines open and this problem occurs even when the other machine isnt being used, iv just reinstall azureus aswell to see if it will fix the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

you dont even need dht, just disable it,i did and everyting works grand, as long as nat is green your grand, all the dht does is display an estimated number of users currently online- its has no affect on azureuses performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

ab_cork wrote:
    you dont even need dht, just disable it,i did and everyting works grand, as long as nat is green your grand, all the dht does is display an estimated number of users currently online- its has no affect on azureuses performance

cheers.
    also just curous why do things in general download slower on my pc that they do on the laptop on the same network when downloading similiar files like latest movies and stuff which i should get full download speed with. not that i download movies, i mean latest home made movies.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

neon_glows wrote:
    cheers.
    also just curous why do things in general download slower on my pc that they do on the laptop on the same network when downloading similiar files like latest movies and stuff which i should get full download speed with. not that i download movies, i mean latest home made movies.

lol
    I actually had the same problem, laptop on wifi was getting far better speeds than pc... i ran the network tune up of tune up utilites and it sorted it out... although thats not free.. you may find something similar freeware... I also believe there are some registry tweaks you can do but im not sure about them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I do not understand how i can still have this problem as I have set the figures from the Azureus calculator which required my upload figure.

My downloads are in good health; smiley greens. But my ratio is well below average at 0.338.

I have looked around alotta places and can't find a simple write-up how to fix this all. There should be somebody out there with screenshots of the perfect settings for Azureus. Tis quite annoying.

Anybody know anywhere I prob havent checked that could help me on getting my ratio to hit average swarm rate?

Advertisement