Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to connect a portable DVD player to TV

• 27-12-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Was in the sales today and picked up a lovley 23 inch Philips flatscreen [model no. 23PF4321/01]. They also threw in for free a portable 7 inch DVD player [model PET706].

As I am not great at understanding the connections from one device to the other, does anyone know what connection would suit that would enable me to play DVD's through the portable to the TV and where they connect from and to?

Thanks!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Does the player not have any sort of external display output?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

The portable dvd player comes with a lead with three plugs on the end - yellow ofr video, red and white for sound - connect the lead to the portable dvd player using whatever pug is on the other end to the three plugs mentioned, and plug the three plugs into the matching yellow, red and white sockets whoch you'll find on the back/side of the television.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tonymahoney

Thanks Ritz, worked first go, [not exactly rocket science which makes me look like an eejit but cheers and thanks]

T.

Advertisement