Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 steering problem

Options
  • 27-12-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Has anybody had problems with the steering on a '06 Peugeot 307 1.4 petrol.

I am having problems with the car pulling to the left, the tyre pressures are correct and the tracking is perfect.

The dealer has checked the car and has acknowledged that there are some problems with the 307 but says that Peugeot do not have a solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Check all the tyres are the same size - the gf had the same problem, I discovered it by accident when checking her brakes (after forking out €40 to have the car tracked)
    The gradient of the roads you are driving on could also be the reason - had a little chat with guy who tracked the gf's car, he reckons he gets a lot of customers complaining of cars pulling to left but when tracking and alignment are checked, nothing out of order is found. His theory was that the road slopes slightly to the left, pulling the car towards the ditch/footpath. I am in agreement with him - when I'm doing pdi's on new cars and test-driving, they all pull to the left - it's only when you get onto a GOOD road that this problem disappears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭alanlouthzzr

land9 wrote:
    Check all the tyres are the same size - the gf had the same problem, I discovered it by accident when checking her brakes (after forking out €40 to have the car tracked)
    The gradient of the roads you are driving on could also be the reason - had a little chat with guy who tracked the gf's car, he reckons he gets a lot of customers complaining of cars pulling to left but when tracking and alignment are checked, nothing out of order is found. His theory was that the road slopes slightly to the left, pulling the car towards the ditch/footpath. I am in agreement with him - when I'm doing pdi's on new cars and test-driving, they all pull to the left - it's only when you get onto a GOOD road that this problem disappears.

Land9, the car is a '06 with 15000km, on the original tyres with no abnormal wear. The pressures are all perfect. I drive over 70000km every year in various cars and I'm used to the camber of the roads pulling the car to the left - slightly. In this instance it is worse than it should be and the dealer reckons that there is a problem with the Pug307s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

And I thought that the later 307s had improved.....

I remember reading of rear suspension problems with the 307 - it may be possible that a problem with the rear suspension is causing the car to tend towards one side. The problem used to cause severe tyre wear to the rear on one side but I don't recall that it caused the car to pull to one side.

In any event, the dealer's response is not acceptable - its one step off 'they all do that, sir'. They don't, and they shouldn't. If you don't make progress with the dealer and the importers (Gowan), you might want to consider getting an independent assessment of the problem from a reputable source.

But first, try another dealer - the warranty is good with all and maybe one of them may well have the experienced staff to sort it out. I wish I could recommend one of the two that I've tried but I can't.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

HI ! My wife has a 02 307 SW ( 7 seater). Only has low mileage and the steering rack is leaking and will cost 900 to replace. Does anyone know if you can get generic steering racks or anyojne in Dublin who might be able to recondition it ?

Advertisement