Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seats re-upholstered in leather

Options
  • 28-12-2006 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Cust curious more than anything else, where and how much would it cost to get front and back car seats re-upholstered in leather?

Any ideas or suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

stevenk wrote:
    Cust curious more than anything else, where and how much would it cost to get front and back car seats re-upholstered in leather?

Any ideas or suggestions???

http://www.cartronics.net are highly recommended for this work. It is not cheap but I have seen their work and the quality is as if it was factory fitted. You will probably have to ring them for a quote but I would say anything between €1,000 and €2000 for decent leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

bazz26 wrote:
    http://www.cartronics.net are highly recommended for this work. It is not cheap but I have seen their work and the quality is as if it was factory fitted. You will probably have to ring them for a quote but I would say anything between €1,000 and €2000 for decent leather.

The quote for my two front seats was €1600 from Cartronics, so I'm not sure €2K will cover the front and back. It'd be closer to €3K I'd imagine. Looks great when its done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

how long does it take cartronics to do this?

kdevitt, are you recommending them on experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Keep an eye out in breakers yard for leather interiors, i just recently upgrarded mine with genuine alfa romeo leather seats in nearly pristine condition for 500euro. Took a bit of searching and lots of patience ... took me about 3 months to find a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Keep an eye out in breakers yard for leather interiors, i just recently upgrarded mine with genuine alfa romeo leather seats in nearly pristine condition for 500euro. Took a bit of searching and lots of patience ... took me about 3 months to find a set.
    you were lucky...these are very hard to get.

what do you think of them? I have them in mine and they still look in nearly new condition with 80k on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Lex Luthor wrote:
    you were lucky...these are very hard to get.

what do you think of them? I have them in mine and they still look in nearly new condition with 80k on them.

True, i did find them hard to get in ireland. I see them on ebay regularly in UK breakers but getting them shipped was expensive. Still, i would guess with shipping i would have got a set for about 600-700euro from ebay UK. Still better than the 1500 -2000 quoted above.

They look great, they are the momo leather's with the alfa logo's and they really add to the interior of the car. I love em, all the more so having fitted them myself. :) ok, fitting them is pretty easy, but there's nothing like the enjoyment fo the fruits of your own labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cartronics will be around 3000 for front and back seats and door cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭digweed

True, i did find them hard to get in ireland. I see them on ebay regularly in UK breakers but getting them shipped was expensive. Still, i would guess with shipping i would have got a set for about 600-700euro from ebay UK. Still better than the 1500 -2000 quoted above.

They look great, they are the momo leather's with the alfa logo's and they really add to the interior of the car. I love em, all the more so having fitted them myself. :) ok, fitting them is pretty easy, but there's nothing like the enjoyment fo the fruits of your own labour.

Couple years back i had a mk2 mondeo and i swapped the seats for leather. actuall ywon them on ebay and drove over to pick them up. all in worked out about the €1000 mark including travel expenses. the seats themselves were £350.

D. :p

Advertisement