Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My life is hell as a result of barking dogs

Options
  • 28-12-2006 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭

Links removed from this post.
    eirbiz wrote:
    Hello,
    I live next door to what can only be described as a small 'halting site'.
    The occupants, in the last four months, have come into possession of two labrador pups which scream to get out when in and to get in when out.
    They are out most of the time and their shelter is a dirty plastic tank which they don't seem to want to use. The small 'yard' in which they have the run of is a quagmire of muck causing them to be dirty all the time.
    Someone mentioned the ISPCA...I had to email them twice before I got a reply...That was a month ago and the dogs have been living in this state in that time.
    I have contacted Kildare County Council asking them to at least come and see for themselves the dire circumstances of the dwelling in question.
    Result..NADA.

I have asked the so-called owner to do something...no good...the proud possesser of a low comprehension threshold.
    I have no choice but to take the occupants to court in an effort to control the barking of the dogs. The case is due in Kildare District Court on 11-01-07.
    Will let you all know how I get on.

Wouldn't it be a great world if there were less 'animal lovers' and more people who left animals in their own environment doing their own thing.
    Thanks,
    Paddy.
    Hi Paddy, I'm sorry, but I don't think your original post is suited to this board. You should possibly remove the photos of the front of your neighbour's property as you just might be defaming them.

Dealing with the substance of your complaint, is the county council your council or is there also a town council? Is the complaint gettign tot he right people?

You should contact the council by registered mail, notifying them of the noise nuisance (environmental health), litter (cleansing / sanitation department), dog warden (stray dogs) and overgrown plants (probably the parks department). Copy the letter to your local councillors, reminding them that there is a general election next year and how disappointed you are in their party's performance in your local area.

Separately, consider having someone having a look at your website (go tot he Tech section here and ask people for a critique on the website - ignoring hte content). It needs some "sobriety" and fewer colours and a better layout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

@ Vicor
    Shouldnt heading be /neighbours as well by the sounds and look of it.....

Sure I have tenants beside me which are non-nationals,by all intentions they keep to themselfs and are not bad blokes......But they used to drive their mopeds in and out of house between 11pm-1am-4am,my house and next to theirs used to shake. I got onto landlord who ate $hite out of them,they have stopped now but rev the bejaysus out of their mopeds out front to heat up engines now. I constantly hear them at all hours either talking(they talk very loud, Japanese I think) or playing music. They work shift I think.

Sometimes you never win.Shame on KCC for giving you the run around paddy,goodluck in court.Lets know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This isn't my thread. Soemone posted a thread, that happened to link to their website - twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would be skeptical of the truthfulness of "Paddy"'s story, more that's it just an excuse to post links to his site, and get a few people to bash travellers while he's at it.

Besides, if a person really does have a case coming up, the single worst thing they could do is prejudice the case by putting details up in public, and making possibly defaming remarks.

We're protecting you from yourself "Paddy".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Dogs generally bark for a reason and in this case it sounds like sheer neglect. This would have been better reported to the local dog warden who has the power to take away the animals.

ISPCA are pretty much close to useless, I made several complaints about a dog that was spending most of his miserable life tied to a drainpipe outside an apartment complex. They did absolutely SFA about it.

If the case isn't just a distribe against travellers (and its difficult to say if it is or not) then the court will probably order them not to keep animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eirbiz

I have taken on board all of your tips etc.
    Will report results after Jan 11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

eirbiz wrote:
    I have taken on board all of your tips etc.
    Will report results after Jan 11.

Eirbiz - please check your PM - it is in your interest.

Freddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eirbiz

Attended Districk Court in Kildare Town yesterday 11-01-07.
    My next door neighbour was ordered to abey the nuisance.
    I don't expect that they will comply.
    I'm afraid I don't know what my 'PM' is.
    paddy.

eirbiz wrote:
    Attended Districk Court in Kildare Town yesterday 11-01-07.
    My next door neighbour was ordered to abey the nuisance.
    I don't expect that they will comply.
    I'm afraid I don't know what my 'PM' is.
    paddy.

Private Messages Paddy. Just look at the top right hand side of the screen when you're logged in and you will see a link 'private messages' with a number displayed next to it. Click on that.

Freddie.

seamus wrote:
    I would be skeptical of the truthfulness of "Paddy"'s story, more that's it just an excuse to post links to his site, and get a few people to bash travellers while he's at it.

Besides, if a person really does have a case coming up, the single worst thing they could do is prejudice the case by putting details up in public, and making possibly defaming remarks.

We're protecting you from yourself "Paddy".

In fairness has it now reached the stage where you cannot even DISCUSS if travellers are causing a nuisance?:confused: :mad:

This thread is not about travellers of any kind. On-topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Back on-topic, you can purchase a type of sonic deterrent which is supposed to stop dogs from barking (and indeed keeps them away from your property too). Note: Its not the general sonic deterent, which would be quite unfair to both dogs and all animals capable of hearing in the higher bands- rather a modified version which is supposed to subdue dogs and stop them from barking.

Will try to find a link.

Shane

smccarrick wrote:
    Back on-topic, you can purchase a type of sonic deterrent which is supposed to stop dogs from barking (and indeed keeps them away from your property too). Note: Its not the general sonic deterent, which would be quite unfair to both dogs and all animals capable of hearing in the higher bands- rather a modified version which is supposed to subdue dogs and stop them from barking.

Will try to find a link.

Shane

They're not very successful Requires lione of sight to the animal (with NOTHING in the way) and have to be practically at ear level. Paddy - they MUST abate the noise. If they don't you go back again and the dogs will be possibly removed.

It never ceases to amaze me how indifferent careless dog owners are to their neighbours. While they become practically immune to the racket, it can drive people (myself included) to distraction. Sleep deprivation is the worst thing. And amazingly a lot of these neglectful owners are members of the "little man with the big dog" set. Idiots.:mad:

There are recordings of dogs "laughing" that have a soothing effect on other dogs.

Victor wrote:
    There are recordings of dogs "laughing" that have a soothing effect on other dogs.

Pity there isn't one for their idiot owners.

Advertisement