Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large memory capacity Phone?

• 28-12-2006 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi I currently have a w810i with a 2GB pro duo card , however my one annoyance or hate with this fone is that come 80 txts in your inbox ....memeory full and i have to delete all texts!! - drives me nuts considering i have a f***in 2 gig card in the phone!!! (obviously phone refuses to use it to store txts) and i text quite frequently so Im looking for a fone similar to this, that can fully utilise the memory of a card properly.

Anybody any suggestions please??...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I have yet to see a phone that uses the memory card to store texts...I may be wrong!I have a Nokia 6280 which has 8mb internal memory, dont know how many texts that is but it should be a fair few!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Hi thanks,

my w810i says it has 22mb internal and 1602mb external memory when i press the status button. Yet it can still only hold 80 txts or so.

I used to have a samsung with ONLY 20mb internal and that was able to hold around 300txts.

Are there really no phones that can hold , for arguments sake, 1,000txts ?? or hold whatever capacity the memory card is or whatever you designate? Its not like txts are rich in memeory or anything and take up masses of space!!

...seems odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Most symbian phones can store messages on memory card. You can choose where you want the messages stored.
    Nokia E61 has approx 60MB internal memory built in, so in todays terms thats a fair bit of internal memory for a smartphone (windows CE & certain palm models aside). It takes up to 2GB mini SD cards also..

All E series nokia phones have beefed up memory in contrast to earlier Symbian models..

hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

GaRtH_V wrote:

I have yet to see a phone that uses the memory card to store texts...

My 6680 does :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

GaRtH_V wrote:
    I have yet to see a phone that uses the memory card to store texts...I may be wrong!I have a Nokia 6280 which has 8mb internal memory, dont know how many texts that is but it should be a fair few!
    symbian phones do. i have 1045 in my inbox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My Ngage has currently 161 messages in the Inbox. :) I have a 512MB MMC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

the k610 & k800 should hold 1000 messages i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was just wondering the same thing!
    i'd like to get the SE k750i in the january sales but i'd lOVE to know how many inbox /outbox messages it can hold! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

I have a v800 and can only hold 100 texts so annoying, my old nokia 7610 had 2000 on it before (i love symbian phones).
    The k800i is an excellent phone btw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

eolhc wrote:
    the k610 & k800 should hold 1000 messages i think
    one fo the few things i hate about the k800 (which is a fantastic phone) is that you can't count teh no. texts in your inbox. so far as i know, it's a avery sony feature to not number them off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

ok very very stupid question for you techno savvy phone people out there but what the hell is a symbian phone?? ....anybody care to list a few (prefferably small size candy bar ones like my w810i) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Well the closest one to the W810i is probably the N73 Nokia but there are a few other phones also, Nokia E60, E70, & 5500 Sport all being close in size and form to what you have already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

C_Breeze wrote:
    ok very very stupid question for you techno savvy phone people out there but what the hell is a symbian phone?? ....anybody care to list a few (prefferably small size candy bar ones like my w810i) thanks
    6280, 6680, 7610, 6600, n70, n80 are some examples

edit:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sName=&idMaker=0&idNetwork=0&idAvailability=0&idOS=2&WeightMax=0&idFormFactor=0&idAntenna=0&idDisplay=0&idCamera=0&bExpansionCard=0&bGPRS=0&bEDGE=0&bWLAN=0&idBluetooth=0&bIR=0&bEmail=0&bWAP=0&bJava=0&bRadio=0&bMMS=0&idRingtones=0&bGames=0&sFreeText=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

C_Breeze wrote:

Symbian is the software that runs several phones, generally nokia models. It's pretty good generally, though I found it was very slow sometimes to access information.

Advertisement