Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Clarion Hotel Sucks!

• 28-12-2006 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Clarion Hotel, Dublin Airport. Friendly, but ultimately useless, staff. Barfood APPALLING. What it lacks in quality it makes up for in price. Wait 90 minutes to check in. Complain and get an 'UPGRADE'. Upgrade is worse than what I'd consider a standard room to be. Manager reduces price from E120 to E90. A few days later, E120 appears on Visa.

We fly to Barcelona where we stay in the most amazing hotel, where everything is perfect, and things cost a fraction of the Dublin version.

Dublin - you're having a laugh, mate!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why complain here..go to tripadvisor.com and let people know about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

BuffyBot wrote:
    Why complain here..go to tripadvisor.com and let people know about it :)

Okay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

It gets 7/10 on activehotels, the site I usually use for selecting & booking hotels. Based on 26 reviews.

http://www.activereservations.com/hotel/brochure/en/230633

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I was there last week for carvery lunch and I thought the food and place was excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I agree 100% with the OP. I have logged on for another reason this evening but I coulf not let this thread pass. I stayed there earlier in the year before a red eye flight to the UK and i found that the hotel has not changede since I previously stayed there 25b years ago!! They were renovating but the whole attitude towards booking the restaurant and food in general stank. The Great Southern is streets ahead of it in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Ah, is that not the point of this forum?

MrP

Advertisement