Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan sees FTTH subscriber base exceed 7 million

Options
  • 28-12-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

Japan ended September with 7.15 million FTTH subscribers, up 850,000 from the end of July 2006, according to figures from the communications ministry. The number of total broadband subscribers rose to 25.04 million, up 820,000 from the previous quarter; however, the number of DSL subscribers fell by 90,000 to 4.40 million. The number of Fixed Wireless Access users rose 322,000 to 10.95 million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

wow thats a huge increase
    the average consumer their must be lightyears ahead of the average paddy

jealousy is a bi**h

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I was talking to a guy from Japan at a telecom conference. €65 p.m. for FTTH. So not too cheap. Not sure if that includes a phone service and basic IPTV package as well as broadband though. If you combine BB & line rental on the higer DSL packs here, it is comparable price for much better service I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

€65 for FTTH what? 1Mbps? 100Mbps? 1Gbps? 100Mbps both ways seems to be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unfortunately I wasn't taking notes or interviewing him.

Advertisement